Fighting Erstads at Baylor - Games 13-15

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Does the baseball team not have access to one of the many indoor facilities to use for infield practice? I get that you can't simulate outfield work, but they should be able to find some space to take ground balls. 

Probably they could find a place to take ground balls individually but they need to practice a live game to simulate the action of hearing the pop of the bat, getting into position, fielding the ball, having runners sliding at your feet and making the throw to the base. I don't know what those indoor surfaces are.  Fielding off of a fake grass floor over concrete or carpet over concrete doesn't give you the same experience as a dirt infield

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Probably they could find a place to take ground balls individually but they need to practice a live game to simulate the action of hearing the pop of the bat, getting into position, fielding the ball, having runners sliding at your feet and making the throw to the base. I don't know what those indoor surfaces are.  Fielding off of a fake grass floor over concrete or carpet over concrete doesn't give you the same experience as a dirt infield

Exactly, not a ton of teams have turf so unless we build a new indoor facility and have a grass infield or something (looking at you Moos) I think it would help majorly.

Roskam throws out a runner at second!