Fighting Erstads at Baylor - Games 13-15

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

We won the "series" against Texas Tech....  chuckleshuffle

LOL, true, and I get that we're behind the eight ball because of weather. 

But this isn't a new occurrence, and our coaching should be finding ways to counter these issues. If that means we need to set up the University of Nebraska - Tempe or University of Nebraska - Miami for remote practice before the season begins, let's do it. I would think the kids could get assignments for two weeks, and we contract with a high school or city in a warm-city climate, put the kids up for two weeks, and get them ready. If we have to prop up a tournament to get this by the NCAA, then so be it. 

And we've got money to burn with our B1G contract, so this shouldn't be a concern. Plus, let's not forget that when Nebraska was good, we were one of the few (11 or 13 IIRC) programs in the nation that actually made money on Baseball. We could be there again...but it's going to require thinking outside the box...and that isn't a strength of this staff. 

As for my criticisms, I understand I may be a little harsh because of circumstances, but these are the same circumstances that Erstad has faced since day one. My angst is that our team seems to try and do the same things over and over again, and expects different results. Same hitting coach, same ridiculously tough schedule that isn't wholly necessary, same lack of preparation (partially) due to weather.  

I guess my concern is that I see the lack of progress and attempts by Erstad, et al, to overcome our hurdles as their complacency with our situation. 

22 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

But this isn't a new occurrence, and our coaching should be finding ways to counter these issues. If that means we need to set up the University of Nebraska - Tempe or University of Nebraska - Miami for remote practice before the season begins, let's do it. I would think the kids could get assignments for two weeks, and we contract with a high school or city in a warm-city climate, put the kids up for two weeks, and get them ready. If we have to prop up a tournament to get this by the NCAA, then so be it. 

And we've got money to burn with our B1G contract, so this shouldn't be a concern. Plus, let's not forget that when Nebraska was good, we were one of the few (11 or 13 IIRC) programs in the nation that actually made money on Baseball. We could be there again...but it's going to require thinking outside the box...and that isn't a strength of this staff. 

This is completely ridiculous and out of touch with reality.  If these are the kind of changes you're expecting, you are out of touch with reality.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

This is completely ridiculous and out of touch with reality.  If these are the kind of changes you're expecting, you are out of touch with reality.

Bulls***. It's not ridiculous to want us to be a top program again, and it's not ridiculous to expect Baseball to be a revenue generator when we get back to being good when it has historically done that before. 

Plus, we already do satellite camps for football--save for the duration, why would this be different? If the NCAA isn't going to budge on start dates, then they should allow cold climate schools the ability to do satellite camps/practices. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Bulls***. It's not ridiculous to want us to be a top program again, and it's not ridiculous to expect Baseball to be a revenue generator when we get back to being good when it has historically done that before. 

What I said earlier has nothing to do with anything you posted here.  Like I said, not exactly in touch with reality.

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Plus, we already do satellite camps for football--save for the duration, why would this be different? If the NCAA isn't going to budge on start dates, then they should allow cold climate schools the ability to do satellite camps/practices. 

High school kids have satellite camps in the summer.  College teams do not.  Not in touch with reality.

• Plus1 1

• hskrfan4life changed the title to Fighting Erstads at Baylor - Games 13-15

is anyone else watching the Facebook live stream of the game?  i thought it was funny that in between innings the PA announcer requested that people stand up and show their best dance moves, the camera panned around the stadium focusing on the different people, and hardly anyone was moving except for the kid in the husker shirt.  i get it that Baylor is a Baptist university and their scared that dancing can lead to people screwing standing-up, but that was really pathetic.