Martinez for Heisman

Mavric

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Maybe it is just me but I feel like the media is sort of "over" Tua...I think we sort of saw that a bit this year.  Almost like he seems to make things look too easy?  

Hmmm I would say around 8 again.  He had a few that were dropped this year that could have been picks.

Hmm you are right, I am going to go with 5 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Maybe it is just me but I feel like the media is sort of "over" Tua...I think we sort of saw that a bit this year.  Almost like he seems to make things look too easy?  

Hmmm I would say around 8 again.  He had a few that were dropped this year that could have been picks.

As has been the case with every QB since the forward pass was invented.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

IMO it’s because his efficiency dropped when they played good defenses and the fact they could lean on their run game or Hurts to still score. He’s a great QB but he’s replaceable at Bama.

Also Waddle is insanely fast and you almost need to bracket him or he’ll be 2 steps ahead of the guy covering him out of the break.

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Heard of a guy that goes by the name "Marcus Marriotta"?

I thought Scott had little to no input/influence on Mariota until late in his career but I was somewhat mistaken. Frost was receivers coach Marcus' freshman year, then OC/quarterbacks coach his sophomore/junior years. Mariota took a big jump between those years so I rescind my statement.

• Plus1 1

Maybe I'm wrong but Martinez seems like the kind of kid who will stay 4 years. There's certainly a good chance he's first round pick worthy after his junior year and he may leave. Just seems like a loyal kid who would want to to play out his career. So, I'd guess he wins it after his junior or senior year. Heck maybe both :thumbs

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but Martinez seems like the kind of kid who will stay 4 years. There's certainly a good chance he's first round pick worthy after his junior year and he may leave. Just seems like a loyal kid who would want to to play out his career. So, I'd guess he wins it after his junior or senior year. Heck maybe both :thumbs

Is Martinez going to be the first starting NFL QB from Nebraska since Farragamo?

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is Martinez going to be the first starting NFL QB from Nebraska since Farragamo?

I think that's a given unless he gets hurt.  He is exactly what the NFL wants right now.  There isn't a team in the country that doesn't want Mahomes on their roster- they have many of the same attributes currently.  

1 hour ago, jcsmhammel said:

Martinez’s arm strength isn’t even in the same conversation as Mahomes. I don’t think he has the arm strength to play in the nfl. Maybe 3 years down the road but right now no way. 

Yeah this.  Martinez is amazing but the Mahomes comparison is nuts. I'm not sure i can remember even 5 QBs I've ever seen with an arm like Mahomes. Maybe his injury has limited him in this regard and I'm sure it will get better as he gets time in the weight room, but Martinez's arm strength is gonna be a knock for him going into the pros. I think a better comparison is Watson who is doing pretty well, but mostly because he is probably the 2nd or 3rd best scrambler in the league currently.