Martinez for Heisman

Mavric

11 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

Tua is a special kid and playing for Alabama gives him a huge edge......he has a lot of guys to help him look good and post outrageous stats!

of course both kids need to make it through the season and stay healthy.

I almost think he is not a lock because he plays for Bama.  Last year he was supposed to be a lock and it seemed like people/fans/voters sort of got sick of it all.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I almost think he is not a lock because he plays for Bama.  Last year he was supposed to be a lock and it seemed like people/fans/voters sort of got sick of it all.  

If he puts up the type of season he did last year he will be close to a lock. Murray simply outperformed him numbers wise and he got edged out this season but another year like last and it would be tough for the voters not to give it to him. 

2 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

In this offense, I would not think that a freak game is out of the question, it may happen more than once especially with some of the teams we play this next year. 

The problem is having that sort of statistical game and winning it. Those games generally come in shoot-outs.

A lot of this depends on us having a defense good enough to win games. Seems everything this season does.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

I think he will be consistent, once he gets the feel of the new skill players around him.  In this offense, I would not think that a freak game is out of the question, it may happen more than once especially with some of the teams we play this next year.  The kicker is the 10 wins or a big upset.  I don't see 10 wins as too likely at all and if we are as good as all the Kool Aid drinkers are saying we will be, we should be favored in most all of our games thus limiting a true "big" upset.  

IMO, not gonna happen this year, but watch our for his Jr. year.  Things will really click by then and we may even be able to put up those 10 wins by then too.

No cool aid here

hes probably a year away

but yes There is 10 wins on this schedule 

i was on 6 wins last year

the path to 10 is reasonable 

win fairly comfortably

southern alabama

colorado- new coach

northern illinois

illinois 

indiana

maryland 

should win 2 of 3

minnesota

northwestern h

purdue

should win 1 of 3

iowa

wisconsin h

ohio state h

then win the bowl game

doable if we stay healthy 

• Plus1 1

Adrian gets the kinds of stats predicted above, he will be mentioned in the heisman race - but the team needs to win a minimum of 10 games and play in the CCG and do so competitively.

There will also need to be a dramatic improvement in the play of many other players around him including some new stars in the WR group and our RB will need well over a 1000 yards and the if these all happen, we will then get the total offense per game that will get us on ESPN sports center regularly,     

The defense will have to play better although I feel more confident in the defense playing nearer this level that the offense.   Time will tell.  Of course we need a D line coach and the special teams will have to be MUCH improved all season long.  

The biggest factor in winning the Heisman, aside from being a Quarterback or Running Back, is to play on a winning team.

Over the past ten years, no player has won the Heisman with fewer than nine wins, or more than three losses. They average 11.6 wins, 1.2 losses, winning 90% of their games.

fcQ6Kk2.png

That said, the team has to improve by a minimum of five wins, and most likely by six or seven, before Martinez is really considered by the voters. 

He's already overtaken the biggest hurdle by being a Quarterback. :D

• Plus1 1