Martinez for Heisman

Mavric

47 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

And the thing is I think it is possible. After hearing DiNardo comment on our QB depth it instantly made me think about how lucky we are to have Mario Verduzco coaching these guys, Frost as well. Everywhere they have been, when the system is established, their QBs are extremely productive.

The B1G road crew talked about it when they interviewed Walters. The core philosophy of this offense is putting defenders in conflict - take your numbers advantage in some area of the field. Make the players split. The defender has to choose which one he covers - whether it's two receivers going in and out, a receiver over the top with a screen to the edge, etc. 

He will be wrong 100% of the time. The majority of the throws in this offense are built to be wide-open throws. The challenge is getting the receivers to the right spot and making sure the QB knows where he should be looking. 

I think Martinez and our offense can do that just fine. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

All over the country teams are announcing their starting quarterbacks for week one.

The longer Frost waits to announce ours, the more worried I get that Adrian Martinez has had a serious regression.

tenor.gif?itemid=9877546

• Fire 1

psszlghenf2bttqjuqov

The skinny: Martinez initially committed to Tennessee, but when the Vols went through a coaching change, Nebraska quickly swooped in. New coach Scott Frost made him an immediate priority, and after an official visit to Lincoln, he flipped to the Huskers. 

While Martinez had some expected ups and downs during his true freshman season he also consistently improved, which has the Nebraska fan base excited about the future. He also brings a legitimate dual-threat ability to the Cornhuskers offense, having finished with 2,617 passing yards and 629 rushing yards in 2018.

Farrell’s take: I was always a big Martinez fan, especially after his performance at Under Armour week, where he showed mobility, poise, maturity and excellent accuracy. He had some growing pains in his freshman year, but got better and better as the season wore on. He has impressed so many people that he’s a sleeper Heisman candidate as the season starts.

• Plus1 1