Martinez for Heisman

Mavric

I'm not saying he should be invited to New York.

And he had a couple bad plays.

But the guy is getting a heck of a lot of heat for a guy who completed 61% of his passes for 290 yards and had over 350 yards of total offense and accounted for 4 TDs (would have been pushing 400 yards without sacks (NFL accounting) but I realize those are at least somewhat on him).

And makes throws like this.

• Plus1 2

He's really indecisive this year when he's pressured and scrambling. Almost like he's thinking too much. He's still got all the skill and talent, he just needs to play the game in front of him and finish his progressions. It would help if the O line were a little more consistent too.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I'm not saying he should be invited to New York.

And he had a couple bad plays.

But the guy is getting a heck of a lot of heat for a guy who completed 61% of his passes for 290 yards and had over 350 yards of total offense and accounted for 4 TDs (would have been pushing 400 yards without sacks (NFL accounting) but I realize those are at least somewhat on him).

And makes throws like this.

Regardless of what people say he is one of the best QBs we have ever had thus far in his career including these 2 games

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Regardless of what people say he is one of the best QBs we have ever had thus far in his career including these 2 games

bruh...he's good, but clearly the media hyped him up way more than he deserved.

we nearly lost to south alabama because of his poor play and now we lose to colorado because he had 3 turnovers.

his career record is 5-8, so no i don't think he's the best qb we've ever had

5 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

bruh...he's good, but clearly the media hyped him up way more than he deserved.

we nearly lost to south alabama because of his poor play and now we lose to colorado because he had 3 turnovers.

his career record is 5-8, so no i don't think he's the best qb we've ever had

Bruh look at the completion percentage and total yards. True Sophmore. How many True sophmores in Husker history put up these numbers? It takes a team to win a game. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Bruh look at the completion percentage and total yards. True Sophmore. How many True sophmores in Husker history put up these numbers? It takes a team to win a game. 

all i'm saying is let's wait to call him one of the best to ever play here. you could have said the same thing after taylor martinez's freshman year. he's off to a rocky start this season. 118 qbr against south alabama, and 3 turnovers and 6 sacks against colorado.

1 minute ago, BoSolich said:

all i'm saying is let's wait to call him one of the best to ever play here. you could have said the same thing after taylor martinez's freshman year. he's off to a rocky start this season. 118 qbr against south alabama, and 3 turnovers and 6 sacks against colorado.

Taylor was never the passer Adrian is now. I don't have to wait, his skillset is better than most QBs in Husker history and the statistics bear that out thus far. I'll trust the Frost and TO praise, they see this kid up close every day. I stand by my statement that he is one of the best QBs we have ever had, thus far in his career. Its not his fault the team around him isn't as talented as in the 70's, 80's and 90's

• Plus1 1