CFB Power Brokers Discussing Expansion Of CFP To 8

seaofred92

21 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Now you say what about G5. So UCF. I say keep working hard and maybe you will earn a spot at the P5 table the next time expansion comes along. But why should someone with the 100th hardest schedule have an equal shot at the playoff as someone fighting an SEC, ACC or BIG10 Schedule. Or Maybe the G5 just needs to be a subset division to the P5 and hold their own playoffs/national title game.

Strength of Schedule 2018:

76. Clemson (0.901)
83. UCF (0.907)

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

21 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

It's a done deal.  With a nod to Vanilla Ice, it's all about the Cash Cash, baby.  Da na na nananana.

It's always been this way. Find out what makes the most money, then convince people it's the best way to determine a champion. 

Cable subscriptions continue to plummet, fatigue is setting in, time to juice this up. It's not principally about, nor is it ever, about fairness, efficacy or accuracy.

• Fire 1
12 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The SEC would never go for it, but how fun would it be to see Alabama or Georgia have to come into Lincoln mid December?

I don't think the SEC matters as much as the Bowl Director Cartel.  Once everyone sees how much better of a game it is for fans to have it at the campus of the higher seed instead of some antiseptic NFL stadium, they will have to ratchet up the propaganda to keep the semi-finals in a Bowl.  

Just now, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I don't think the SEC matters as much as the Bowl Director Cartel.  Once everyone sees how much better of a game it is for fans to have it at the campus of the higher seed instead of some antiseptic NFL stadium, they will have to ratchet up the propaganda to keep the semi-finals in a Bowl.  

Bowls will fight tooth and nail against any campus games.  NCAA and the universities have no obligation to listen to them or worrying about supporting southern tourism.

• Fire 1

I think eight works as long as you get rid of the championship games and get every P5 to play the same number of conference games.

Seeing Alabama lose the SEC title game and then come back and win the damn playoff every other year suggests to me that it's just more problematic than it should be.

God I wish we had this setup back in the 80s and 90s. I like to think we might have had one or two rematch shots with OU.

• Fire 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:40 AM, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Bowls will fight tooth and nail against any campus games.  NCAA and the universities have no obligation to listen to them or worrying about supporting southern tourism.

I think the SEC will ally themselves with Southern Tourism to prevent their champion from having to play an Ice Bowl.  

8 would be a start. Imagine how fun (and profitable) the March Madness version of college football would be. I can't believe the NCAA hasn't implemented a real playoff yet.

I really like the FCS model of 24 teams with the top 8 getting a bye, and home games through the early rounds. Regular season games mean a lot more when at-large bids and seeding are constantly in play, and the playoff games would be significantly more watched than comparable bowl games.

For example - I can not muster any reason to care about Washington playing Ohio State in the Rose Bowl this year, but I would absolutely be watching if the winner went on to play Oklahoma or Georgia in the quarterfinals. Same with Texas-Georgia or any other "marquee" bowl game. All of them are pointless exhibitions and it's amazing they've been kept around in this capacity for so long.

• Fire 1