Fighting Erstads against Kansas State** Games 29 and 37

• hskrfan4life changed the title to Fighting Erstads against Kansas State** Games 29 and 37
12 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Beats losing to them, anyway :P

Kansas State is a bad team.  I have been around this sport my whole life (playing & coaching).   This team has good patience at the plate, but ever since Bolt left we strikeout a lot.   Eye rolls to my comment is from someone who does not understand the game.  You can not continue to play game after game with double digit strikeouts and expect to complete for the conference title & the NCAA tournament.   The one thing we do have is very good starting pitching.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Kansas State is a bad team.  I have been around this sport my whole life (playing & coaching).   This team has good patience at the plate, but ever since Bolt left we strikeout a lot.   Eye rolls to my comment is from someone who does not understand the game.  You can not continue to play game after game with double digit strikeouts and expect to complete for the conference title & the NCAA tournament.   The one thing we do have is very good starting pitching.

I'm ok with a team striking out a ton if they have high end power to offset it.  Nebraska definitely lacks pop (I think they have what 6 HRs on the year?) so I'm definitely worried about the number of strikeouts.

Just now, Xmas32 said:

I'm ok with a team striking out a ton if they have high end power to offset it.  Nebraska definitely lacks pop (I think they have what 6 HRs on the year?) so I'm definitely worried about the number of strikeouts.

I don't mind strikeouts against a real good pitcher, but I'm guessing we are averaging 10 to 12 SO per game no matter the team.  I like the talent, but we badly need a hitting coach other than Erstad.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I try not to beat the dead horse too much, but yes, the amount of strike outs, runners LOB, GIDPs, etc just seems higher since Bolt left (I haven't looked at all of them, Ks have definitely gone higher since, on pace for over 450 this year :facepalm:).

Jim Rose, I admit a terrible pbp guy but a huge Nebraska baseball homer with no axe to grind against DE, apparently said last year or before that Erstad struggles with teaching.  DE's actually recruiting better than some people who want to use our conference as an excuse for his shortcomings may realize.  But development is lacking.  Guys have to come in already pretty much a stud (ie Schreiber).  DE can definitely stay, but he needs a hitting coach :dunno

EDIT: just saw your reply to Xmas, so we agree :D

10 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

I try not to beat the dead horse too much, but yes, the amount of strike outs, runners LOB, GIDPs, etc just seems higher since Bolt left (I haven't looked at all of them, Ks have definitely gone higher since, on pace for over 450 this year :facepalm:).

Jim Rose, I admit a terrible pbp guy but a huge Nebraska baseball homer with no axe to grind against DE, apparently said last year or before that Erstad struggles with teaching.  DE's actually recruiting better than some people who want to use our conference as an excuse for his shortcomings may realize.  But development is lacking.  Guys have to come in already pretty much a stud (ie Schreiber).  DE can definitely stay, but he needs a hitting coach :dunno

EDIT: just saw your reply to Xmas, so we agree :D

I agree 100%! :cheers