Fighting Erstads @ Iowa Games 39-41

5 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Pathetic performance. I'm done. We may have over 20 wins but we played the worst big ten teams. This is getting old and I did do some number for strikeouts and it hasn't gotten better.

I'm afraid they peaked in March against Texas Tech and Baylor.  It happened a couple years ago with a sweep against Texas, that team didn't end with much else to hang their hat on.  I'm sure the youth excuse will fly hot and heavy among the tradition coalition that loves Erstad, but it's baseball, young players contribute everywhere as they don't need to physically develop as much as other sports, for crying out loud :facepalm:

But on the other hand, Illinois and Northwestern aren't great either, so series wins against those two teams are probably doable, meaning NU will probably finish somewhere in the 3-6 range in conference standings, make the B1G tournament, probably go 1-2 or so, get a token bid from the NCAA.  This will be viewed as progress and we'll never know if we can do any better.

• Plus1 2

• hskrfan4life changed the title to Fighting Erstads @ Iowa Games 39-41