National Championship - Huskers vs. Stanford

Mavric

7 hours ago, Dewiz said:

Meh. That’s Stanford for ya. As accepting as they are for alternative lifestyles, they let their intellectual “superiority” clout their judgement on what is acceptable or not. Just look at the jackassery the band spews. It’s sad an organization like that (the band) purposely tries to instigate crap like that and get disinvited from various venues. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3

Yeah that's sad.  Not gonna focus on that though.  Stanford lost once this season and had 3 All Americans one of them the POY in their starting lineup and we still took them to the 5th set only to lose by 3.  Losing Foecke is huge.  We lose Maloney also but Stivrins will be back as well as most of the core of this team.  Even though we lost that was an awesome game.  Til next year.

1 hour ago, Big Mike said:

Whenever they switched the camera to the back I cussed up a storm! Way to go ESPN. Broadcasting from the cheap seats. I saw a lot of complaints about that on social media. 

I complained about it 2 or 3 times in the topic. You can’t tell where the ball is in relation to the net. If they’re going to do an angle from the back it needs to be from up higher like in tennis.

• Fire 1

Funny thing is, it's best to watch volleyball from the back line, not the side. You can see the play develop, get a better feel for the blockers, see the whole court without the up/down officials standing in the way.

Before they went to season tickets, one of our group of friends would always go a couple hours early to the Coliseum and wait, then dash up to the upper level to get seats on the rail.

Something about that picture is just bothering me. Is that a gun that tree is holding? A blow dryer? It's bad enough the tree spontaneously grew human arms, but if it's trying to set Herbie on fire somehow is that a smart thing for a tree to do? You know being all wood and all. I don't know, I just would have thought Stanford had higher expectations. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

And overnight many Nebraska fans suddenly for the first time cared about gun violence :lol: 

I believe anyone who truly believes in the 2nd amendment is concerned about violence committed by individuals using guns/firearms.  You're a media guy, right? or maybe I'm thinking of someone else on this board.

• Haha 1