Bunch transferring

SUHperman

6 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Obviously.  But why?

I thought it was interesting how thus far there was no criticism of Bunch, and thought I could make fun of it and also maybe prevent some further legitimate criticism by sarcastically referencing it early and making anyone that comes after think twice about actually holding thoughts like those.

• Fire 1
Just now, Landlord said:

I thought it was interesting how thus far there was no criticism of Bunch, and thought I could make fun of it and also maybe prevent some further legitimate criticism by sarcastically referencing it early and making anyone that comes after think twice about actually holding thoughts like those.

Oh I know.  (I got a chuckle out of it, if I'm being honest)

I think the difference is that Gebbia stands a good chance at being a P5 starting quarterback, and Bunch not so much.

Does this mean that any current back-up quarterback should start looking for a less-competitive school where he can start? And that the second and third stringers willing to hang around have accepted their mediocrity?

19 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Guess it didn't work

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the difference is that Gebbia stands a good chance at being a P5 starting quarterback, and Bunch not so much.

Does this mean that any current back-up quarterback should start looking for a less-competitive school where he can start? And that the second and third stringers willing to hang around have accepted their mediocrity?

I think Bunch showed he could play (maybe not P5), and it's hard to fault a kid for wanting to play. It's also one thing to stick around when you're the backup, and another to stick around when you're third-string and an out-of-state walk on - you're not one play away anymore. It's not like other positions where you can work your way into a rotation or play special teams, if you know you're not going to play there aren't a lot of reasons to stick around.

He could also feel he earned a scholarship, the general rule of thumb is if you're on the 2-deep you've probably earned it. He was only the backup because of a transfer and Vedral's eligiblity status, but still. I don't know if that factors in at all, but being a walk on behind 2 guys in the class below yours sure does. Best of luck to him, this season could've been a lot uglier without Bunch.