Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

Just now, HS_Coach_C said:

Hopefully that's the good defense and not a sign of our QB having to run for his life all fall because our OLine is terrible.

That's always the tricky part about spring and fall - you never really know if the great plays are really great or bad plays by the other side.

But considering what we have returning on the OL, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

That's always the tricky part about spring and fall - you never really know if the great plays are really great or bad plays by the other side.

Yep - reminds me of fall camp just before the 2017 season. I remember certain players talking about how the defense had been dominating in fall camp and that they would be really good that season.

:blink:

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Yep - reminds me of fall camp just before the 2017 season. I remember certain players talking about how the defense had been dominating in fall camp and that they would be really good that season.

Luckily we should have a better offense this year than that season to test the defense. 

39 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Well, to be fair, our QB did a great job of making a lot of defenses look formidable that year.  :o

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

Frost does a pretty decent job of being positive but not too hype. Last fall everyone was so quick to declare the wideout group the best, but when a reporter asked him about that he quickly shot it down. And, of course, we saw why during the season.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, brophog said:

Frost does a pretty decent job of being positive but not too hype. Last fall everyone was so quick to declare the wideout group the best, but when a reporter asked him about that he quickly shot it down. And, of course, we saw why during the season.

I agree. Langsdorf also had the somewhat infamous "cool your jets" quote about the Lee hype.

I like Frost's approach to praise and criticism. It always feels honest even if he's withholding some details.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Who is "Ace"? Tannor or A. Davis? 

I assumed Davis since Tannor has been out. He got a shout out from one of the other coaches too I think, which is great to see. Hoping he can make a splash this year, we still don't have a lot of the bigger bodied OLBs. Tannor breaking out would work too, I'm curious how much weight they got on him.

15 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I assumed Davis since Tannor has been out. He got a shout out from one of the other coaches too I think, which is great to see. Hoping he can make a splash this year, we still don't have a lot of the bigger bodied OLBs. Tannor breaking out would work too, I'm curious how much weight they got on him.

He would have to improve a lot from having just 5 tackles last year