Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

12 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I've been hearing on the radio that Walters is not happy with the WR group.  He keeps preaching consistency.  This is worrisome to me because we need a #2 to step up (I'm assuming wandale will be in the slot).

Well....if I were a coach and my group was clicking along like a well oiled machine, I would be on their a$$ telling them they need to improve in spring practice. They would not be settling in thinking everything is cool. 

Brian Christopherson over on 247 quoted Noah Vedral as saying Cameron Jurgens is "a freak of nature" with his athleticism and it shows on some zone blocking schemes how quickly Jurgens can get out and get on people.   That right there tells me that Frost and his staff know where they want guys and that this scheme is going to be super fast with fast players across the board!

44 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I'm just worried about our WR Corp.  They're the X factor imo.  If we have someone step up to be a great #2 and Robinson is as advertised then we will be competing in the big 10 championship!  If we have no one step up (outside of spielman) then this season will be a tough one 

Hear what your saying, however if our O-line and D-line dominate we will be competing in that same big 10 championship game.  I feel the biggest benefit of the WR's and RB's is that we will see less wear and tear on the QB