Worst Recruiting Class in Husker History

Mavric

So I know the modern recruiting services did not exist. But any idea what kind of classes we were hauling in the 80s and 90s? I would assume they would have all been top 5-15 classes year in and year out? 

We were one of the supreme programs that controlled the media, tv slots etc. Plus I dont really see how you can be a perennial top 10-15 program for 25 years without top 10 classes every year.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I was in Silicon Valley at a startup during Y2K. We knew it was all a hoax. There were a ton of "businesses" that would make your company "Y2K Compliant" and we were like, we are in the wrong line of work here, boys.  Those folks made a lot of money off of suckers.

I was doing IT recruiting at the time.  If you could even spell COBOL or RPG, I could get you 25% above current salary, a $10K signing bonus and six months of paid apartment while you were searching for a home.  Killer time to be a recruiter....heh heh.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

Tyler Childers, Colter Wall and Sean Rowe have been my go to musicians this last year.  Good music.

I am sooo tempted to seek them out...I'm guessing since I've never heard of them, they're either Rap/HH, Pop, or Country...I feel like I'd let my Teenager down if I actually snuck one by him and liked them...He's tried so hard to protect me from the crap some of his friends like...I don't trust you guys.

17 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I am sooo tempted to seek them out...I'm guessing since I've never heard of them, they're either Rap/HH, Pop, or Country...I feel like I'd let my Teenager down if I actually snuck one by him and liked them...He's tried so hard to protect me from the crap some of his friends like...I don't trust you guys.

Childers is kind of a bluegrass country, here are a couple of his more popular songs

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1