Opinions on 2020 recruit Charlie Spegal

1 minute ago, Bad2theBONES said:

I definitely agree with that. But being a Husker fan, I was curious if Frost would have a use for someone like this or not? Running back or not . 

Maybe as a walk on. I watched a bit of a highlight video and there was a comment saying he ran a 4.6. We had a scholarship FB last spring and didn’t have a use for him. I don’t know what this guy would do. Shorter guys can play sometimes but usually they’re fast.

Kamara ran his 40 in 4.56 at NFL combine. Now we all know this kid is probably way slower than that on laser. But he is still young and maybe could get faster. He also   had some good catches out of the backfield I’m sure his coaches made sure he included in on the tape. I would probably compare Miles to this kid it seems and maybe Frost made it obvious he didn’t have a place for him in this style of offense? Wonder if this kid plays defense as well ? 

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

My thoughts around this recruit are that he's either you, your son, your nephew/cousin or a friend of a friend or something.

There's an article about him that just came out on Bleacher Report, hence the thread. Amusingly, I found a thread just like this on a Georgia board, which received the same response you gave.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810851-run-charlie-run-70-touchdowns-later-high-school-back-still-seeking-attention

• Plus1 1

Great stats that really show the kids got heart.... But there is a reason he isn't being recruited by the big schools.  Nebraska doesn't need feel good stories right now, we need 4.4, juke you out of your socks, amazing athletes...and a few bad a$$ pass rushers.

Bleacher Report came out with an article almost identical to this a few years ago with a qb from New Mexico, Easton Bruere. He was the greatest recruit nobody ever heard of and nobody could understand why he wasn't getting any offers.  He played a year at Butler CC and he's at Western Colorado now.  Good luck to Charlie.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

Bleacher Report came out with an article almost identical to this a few years ago with a qb from New Mexico, Easton Bruere. He was the greatest recruit nobody ever heard of and nobody could understand why he wasn't getting any offers.  He played a year at Butler CC and he's at Western Colorado now.  Good luck to Charlie.

I remember there was one RB we were kinda flirting with for one toward the end of Bo's one of last recruiting cycles who put up some big numbers against weak competition in New York (IIRC). Ended up turning him away, though.

17 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

I didn’t know where else to post this, being fairly new to the board. I know we do not utilize a fullback in our system, however, I was wondering what everyone’s opinion was on 2020 recruit Charlie Spegal? See link below for highlight video and Bleacher Report story on him. 

The kid has a 4.6 40-yard dash that complements a 575-pound squat and a 420-pound bench press. Spegal finished with 3,356 rushing yards (second in the nation), scored 70 touchdowns (first in the nation) and didn't lose a single fumble. However, he is not getting much recruiting attention. I was curious if we should take advantage of this and possibly easily land a kid who has a work ethic and something to prove. I am wondering if we could use a kid like this, even if that means him not being a ball carrier. What are your thoughts? 

https://bit.ly/2S0SQeG

Dont worry about all the stinkers giving you a hard time, they are eventually nice to new people....if you really want to get off to a good start do what I did and suggest a recruit that went to Auburn that we were recruiting was on steroids...that really gets these peasants fired up. :sarcasm

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1