Husker Football Recruiting Class of 2019

Mavric

10,276: Combined yards from scrimmage in the NFL careers of Ed McCaffrey and Christian McCaffrey (so far). Luke McCaffrey — Ed’s son and Christian’s younger brother — is the quarterback signee in Nebraska’s 2019 class.

8,582: High school career rushing and receiving yards by Wandale Robinson. He also had 130 total touchdowns during his four years at Frankfort (Ky.) Western Hills.

5,827: Population of Attalla, Alabama, hometown of outside linebacker Jamin Graham. That’s the smallest hometown based on population of any Nebraska signee.

2,188: Combined weight of Nebraska’s eight signees along the offensive and defensive lines, according to their Hudl pages. That’s a lot of beef.

1899: The year Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, Tennessee, began playing football. That’s the school that produced linebacker signee Jackson Hannah.

1,332: Miles between Darien Chase’s high school (Union High School in Vancouver, Washington) and Memorial Stadium. No signee is from farther away than Chase.

543: Days between when Garrett Nelson committed June 24, 2017 and when he signed Dec. 19, 2018. He was the first recruit to commit to Nebraska’s 2019 class.

OWH

• Plus1 1

In my opinion, Ty Robinson makes this class special. That was the number one thing that we needed - a really great defensive end prospect, and without that signing I would have been a bit worried to be honest. So we've got a four star DE, a four star linebacker, and a pretty special four star offensive line recruit also. 

This whole thing is going to take time but I see the defensive situation heading in the right direction with some of the additions from this class.