Husker Football Recruiting Class of 2019

Mavric

one of the best recuiting classes i have seen in years...whats really nice,,they got some recruits away from georgia and alabama....i can see defense is what they were after this year...u can see frost building what appears to be be a competetive team again.

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

16th in 2011 Composite at 247.  But truly top 15 was 2005, where we had the 247 composite ranked 8th class....but we had 30 members of said class which pushed us up there.

Interesting that Frost has the class average trending up in the past few years...that's what's impressive more to me than where we're ranked.

2011-What could've been

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

This class also seems to have a decent number of recruits that were being sought after by the big boys!!!  

#20 class with a dozen players that were being chased by the "elite" > #15 class full of kids that seem to be over-ranked with short offer list

Totally agree.

I know there are quite a few on here that say they don't care about class rankings or that you can't really trust the individual player rankings. But this class is almost "pinch yourself" good. As in, it's almost surreal that this is all turning around so quickly. 

If we split the different between Rivals' current ranking of #14 and 247's ranking of #20, we're sitting at roughly #17. That's seriously crazy. And to see the defensive recruits we've hauled in...this thing is going somewhere.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

16th in 2011 Composite at 247.  But truly top 15 was 2005, where we had the 247 composite ranked 8th class....but we had 30 members of said class which pushed us up there.

Interesting that Frost has the class average trending up in the past few years...that's what's impressive more to me than where we're ranked.

Right, that's why I've been watching the average rating more closely than the class ranking - this year's class is going to get a bump in the rankings just from being a bigger class than usual. Really, we're just trying to make up for lost ground due to Riley's 2017 class being such a bust. But as someone else mentioned, at least we're not just looking for warm bodies this time of year, like we have in some years past.

I keep talking about how we're basically the top of the second tier for recruiting in the Big Ten: consistently ahead of most, but still well below Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. All but a few schools in the conference average between about 85.5 and 87.5 on 247's composite. On that scale, we're looking pretty good at 88.4 - best average since at least 2011 (though I'm pretty sure there's some grade inflation going on). But then you look up at the top guys. Michigan at 90.4, Penn State at 91.6, and Ohio State at 92.3. We're good, but a long way from joining the big boys.

If anything, though, I think this recruiting class is impressive just for being this good despite the fact that we're coming off back-to-back 4-8 seasons. What will this staff be able to do when they've got some winning seasons at Nebraska to point to?

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Toe said:

Right, that's why I've been watching the average rating more closely than the class ranking - this year's class is going to get a bump in the rankings just from being a bigger class than usual. Really, we're just trying to make up for lost ground due to Riley's 2017 class being such a bust. But as someone else mentioned, at least we're not just looking for warm bodies this time of year, like we have in some years past.

I keep talking about how we're basically the top of the second tier for recruiting in the Big Ten: consistently ahead of most, but still well below Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. All but a few schools in the conference average between about 85.5 and 87.5 on 247's composite. On that scale, we're looking pretty good at 88.4 - best average since at least 2011 (though I'm pretty sure there's some grade inflation going on). But then you look up at the top guys. Michigan at 90.4, Penn State at 91.6, and Ohio State at 92.3. We're good, but a long way from joining the big boys.

If anything, though, I think this recruiting class is impressive just for being this good despite the fact that we're coming off back-to-back 4-8 seasons. What will this staff be able to do when they've got some winning seasons at Nebraska to point to?

I think this Frost has that superstar quality that could get us into the top 10 if we are looking really good on the field.

Nebraska Recruiting: Which Group Is Biggest Strength of 2019 Class?

I would argue that the group that offensive line Greg Austin brought in for his group is biggest position of strength for the 2019 recruiting class. Even with the curious situation surrounding Desmond Bland’s commitment, this is a strong group. The offensive line haul is headlined by Lakeville, Minnesota, native Bryce Benhart‍ who has the look of a player that will anchor the line for years to come. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...