Husker Football Recruiting Class of 2019

Mavric

Pretty interesting that Piper, Henrich, and Hickman all said they wouldn’t be going to Nebraska if Riley were still coach. I know Nebraska high schools aren’t going to have the best talent, but you have to be able to lock the state down for when there is special talent. Callahan, Bo, and Riley let a lot of Nebraska kids go elsewhere. 

• Plus1 5

247 has decent records going back to 2002, and Rivals to 2004. Both sites agree: in the time period they cover, this is the first time we've signed all of the top five prospects from the state of Nebraska.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Pretty interesting that Piper, Henrich, and Hickman all said they wouldn’t be going to Nebraska if Riley were still coach.

Nebraskibraska: It's a movement! :koolaid2:

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Toe said:

247 has decent records going back to 2002, and Rivals to 2004. Both sites agree: in the time period they cover, this is the first time we've signed all of the top five prospects from the state of Nebraska.

Nebraskibraska: It's a movement! :koolaid2:

How often when we didn’t sign the top 5 was it because 5 players weren’t worthy of a scholarship, and how often was it because the coaches made bad choices or couldn’t keep them here?

I can think of at least 2 huge screw ups by Riley in 2 different years so I’m definitely not questioning that part of it.

@Moiraine I mean, I couldn't give you the full story on every single one of them, I only have what I see on the recruiting sites. There was at least one guy rated at least 3* on the 247 composite's top five Nebraska prospects in each class that we didn't sign. 2010 was close, the only guy in the top five we didn't take was only rated 2* on Rivals, but 3* on 247's composite. (Solich grabbed that kid.)

In 2016, there were seven 3* in-state guys, only one of whom became a Husker. 2012 had six 3* guys and only one Husker.

giphy.gif