Dedrick Mills - LOI Signed

1 hour ago, boach_clack said:

Its JUCO ball, half the time those guys arent even on the same page.  Plus, didnt their head coach leave?

The coach was still there for their championship game.

I don't know much about Juco ball but it sure wasn't a game that indicated he could do anything at the P5 level.

And I don't really care if a guy smoke pot or not but it can be indicative of some undesirable traits. Commitment, focus, self control, to name a few, especially with a guy who apparently is struggling with grades and is at a lower level trying to make it to a higher level. He can smoke all the pot he wants, but it don't look good on his resume imo.  I hope he isn't all that important to this class because there are a lot of unanswered questions.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The coach was still there for their championship game.

I don't know much about Juco ball but it sure wasn't a game that indicated he could do anything at the P5 level.

And I don't really care if a guy smoke pot or not but it can be indicative of some undesirable traits. Commitment, focus, self control, to name a few, especially with a guy who apparently is struggling with grades and is at a lower level trying to make it to a higher level. He can smoke all the pot he wants, but it don't look good on his resume imo.  I hope he isn't all that important to this class because there are a lot of unanswered questions.

His grades would be a stronger indicator than his use of marijuana.  No one puts "pot smoker" on their resume. Sounds more like he has some things to clean up rather than "unanswered questions".  He would be a huge addition to the team.  Probably why the staff hasnt written him off yet. 

2 hours ago, boach_clack said:

His grades would be a stronger indicator than his use of marijuana.  No one puts "pot smoker" on their resume. Sounds more like he has some things to clean up rather than "unanswered questions".  He would be a huge addition to the team.  Probably why the staff hasnt written him off yet. 

we thought Bell was gonna be a big help too......i say we don't need distractions.

5 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

we thought Bell was gonna be a big help too......i say we don't need distractions.

So because bell was a failure we should scrap the juco process?  Many schools (including bama) recruit juco players.  If a highly rated recruits a bust should we stop recruiting highly rated recruits too?   

19 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

So because bell was a failure we should scrap the juco process?  Many schools (including bama) recruit juco players.  If a highly rated recruits a bust should we stop recruiting highly rated recruits too?   

Yes, scrap it all

32 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

12 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Yes, scrap it all

That's right. Recruits? We don't need no stinkin' recruits. Put some of those research dollars to good use. Clone Frost and anybody who played for us in the 90's and grow 'em in the lab in test tubes.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Huskinator said:

Yes, even when we were a power we took JUCO players, and don't forget how high Bo's hitting-percentage was with JUCO's,  Busts like Bell will happen too, that's just the reality of recruiting. Plus it should be noted that Mills is a proven P5 back. As a true frosh he was averaging about 100yds in games he played in, and GT spreads the carries around quite a bit.

There are too many highly rated JuCos and JuCo players close to us to stop recruiting them just because one RB busted out, and another has had minor issues with the law. It's almost like some of you have forgotten where Randy Gregory, Lavonte David and Terrell Farley came from. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

There are too many highly rated JuCos and JuCo players close to us to stop recruiting them just because one RB busted out, and another has had minor issues with the law. It's almost like some of you have forgotten where Randy Gregory, Lavonte David and Terrell Farley came from. 

Also, Mike Rozier. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Forgot Demorrio Williams !;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Dedrick Mills - LOI Signed