Dedrick Mills - LOI Signed

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, Big Red 40 said:

The tapes I’ve seen of him look good, and  we could definitely use a back like him . Rules is rules though, and we all have to abide by them,  no matter how dumb they are . I hope he gets that part of his life straightened out and makes it to campus,  otherwise good luck elsewhere .

Mills said he has not smoked pot since he left GA Tech in an article I read on line.  seems to be a fairly humble kid, made some rather bad decisions along the way.  Hopefully Frosts staff can keep him out of trouble once he is on campus.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/after-hard-fall-dedrick-mills-pledges-comeback/1yjWbrdf35Ql1vZHpYMJ0J/

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Here is a question I have not seen addressed, why was Mills’ license suspended? Lots of adulation from his coach, but someone coaches will have to watch. Could help reload the backfield.

My guess is he sped first, failed to appear and as soon as you fail to appear for the speeding your license is suspended.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Dedrick Mills - LOI Signed
23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Same thing happened to me in my early 20s.  I didn't pay a speeding ticket on time, and my license was suspended.  I didn't even know it was suspended.

Yep, its not hard, especially if you may have planned to pay online and not go to court at all in the first place. It doesn't excuse anything, but its very easy to see how that could happen to a kid.

43 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I dont think we sign him unless we are close to 100 percent sure of him showing up.  Once they sign he would count towards our 30 that we can take.  If we dont think he makes it then he wouldnt have signed his LOI.  Especially with how tight we are with the remaining spots.  

So, I thought he signed.  So, he didn't?

46 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I dont think we sign him unless we are close to 100 percent sure of him showing up.  Once they sign he would count towards our 30 that we can take.  If we dont think he makes it then he wouldnt have signed his LOI.  Especially with how tight we are with the remaining spots.  

1 minute ago, BigRedN said:

So, I thought he signed.  So, he didn't?

He did sign, he's just replying to the folks who are still worried about him actually making it to campus after signing. I agree, I don't think the coaches let him sign if they weren't sure he would make it on campus. Could be wrong, there was that DB that either never showed up or left after a week or two last summer.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

He did sign, I think what swmo is saying is the staff must feel confident he will make it to campus because they wouldn't let him sign otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

He did sign, he's just replying to the folks who are still worried about him actually making it to campus after signing. I agree, I don't think the coaches let him sign if they weren't sure he would make it on campus. Could be wrong, there was that DB that either never showed up or left after a week or two last summer.

3 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Yes he signed.  I was replying to dagerow, i must have forgot to quote him.  He said that signing and getting here are 2 different things.

dedhoarse