Assistant Coach Leaving?

1 hour ago, man eating mastodon said:

Winter is my favorite season, no bugs, I'm not sweating ,both are good things, ice fishing and snowmobiling to me are fun.

Ice fishing is something I can never see myself enjoying.  I have a some kind of phobia about walking/sitting on lake ice.  We took the kids to see Santa at Cabela's yesterday and they were curious about the ice huts the store had set up.  Just sitting in them and explaining "ice-fishing" made me feel uneasy...:(

Which all kind of stinks because it was one of the things my dad loved to do and I never went with him when younger.  We'll call it even though, he doesn't like being on a boat!

11 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Unless it's a HC job at a school with the potential for winning, he isn't leaving Lincoln IMO.  (He wouldn't pull a Tony Samuel and go to Las Cruces as an example)

I agree. Take the Scott Frost path. Only go somewhere setup to take off. Dont go somewhere without a good talent base for your first job.

11 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don’t think weather is Fishers issue.  It’s not like he’s never heard of the state and didn’t know what to expect

I never had anything to point to that he said that made me think he doesnt like it here. I just had a feeling watching his interviews and seeing him in photos he just never seems happy or like he is embracing it. So I am not surprised. 

19 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I never had anything to point to that he said that made me think he doesnt like it here. I just had a feeling watching his interviews and seeing him in photos he just never seems happy or like he is embracing it. So I am not surprised. 

I think he's just a laid back guy - I don't know that we can judge whether he's embracing Nebraska or not based on his liveliness in interviews. Not everyone speaks with Dewitt's energy, and that's fine. IMO Fisher took our weakest position group from last year and really turned them around. A lot of that could just be switching from Diaco's "just them them catch it" style, but I hope Fisher is sticking around.

• Fire 1