Assistant Coach Leaving?

5 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Based on my mini rant in the recent spring game thread regarding having no new WR emerge, and the fact that our secondary actually IMPROVED this year, I concur with this and thought the same thing.

We had the 4th ranked passing offense in the B1G with a freshman QB in year 1 of this offense.

I’m not sure why you’re so focused on the 3rd best WR. We almost had 2 1,000 yard receivers. There was no drop off with Walters. He should get another year (at least) before anyone starts thinking about worrying. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We had the 4th ranked passing offense in the B1G with a freshman QB in year 1 of this offense.

I’m not sure why you’re so focused on the 3rd best WR. We almost had 2 1,000 yard receivers. There was no drop off with Walters. He should get another year (at least) before anyone starts thinking about worrying. 

I'm not exactly worried about it, but our most productive receivers were the most productive under the last staff as well.  Who would that 3rd receiver be that you're talking about?  That's my point. Just saying that i didn't see improvement in WR's as a whole, and that i did see improvement under Fisher's group.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I'm not exactly worried about it, but our most productive receivers were the most productive under the last staff as well.  Who would that 3rd receiver be that you're talking about?  That's my point. Just saying that i didn't see improvement in WR's as a whole, and that i did see improvement under Fisher's group.

The reason you didn't see improvement in the WRs, imo, is there wasn't a lot of room for improvement. The same can't be said for the secondary. We were last in the B1G for opposing QB rating in 2017.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Yes and no.  Those two WRs were also pretty darn good before he got here.  The part where we seemed unable to really get anyone else to step up is at least worth questioning.

I'm not saying I want Walters gone.  But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed in what I thought would be a pretty deep set of options before the season started.  Obviously there are a lot of things that go into into it.  And coaches can't control everything.  But our third-leading WR was only the sixth-leading pass-catcher on the team.  That was surprising to me.

• Plus1 2