Sami Slaughter leaving Husker VB

knapplc

14 hours ago, Old Nebraska Guy said:

I sense a sponsorship opportunity.

As in  "The post match handshake is sponsored by..."

(then hand out little foil pouches as the players get to the end of the line and leave the court)

Back in the day, before they used to toss out autographed volleyballs, they used to throw Big Red gum into the crowd.  Not sure if that was a sponsorship or just something fun the team did.

She was on a 2-year scholarship and she wasn't gonna see court time in the foreseeable future.  She was a multi-sport sports star in HS and won state championships.  I am sure being a practice player her final 2 years is not what she wanted.  I hope she has success at SD, they made the NCAA tournament this year before losing to Creighton. 

15 hours ago, Hannah Abbott said:

She was on a 2-year scholarship and she wasn't gonna see court time in the foreseeable future.  She was a multi-sport sports star in HS and won state championships.  I am sure being a practice player her final 2 years is not what she wanted.  I hope she has success at SD, they made the NCAA tournament this year before losing to Creighton. 

Have you heard of anyone else possibly leaving the team?