OLB Eugene Asante [North Carolina - Signed LOI]

HUSKERBOARD PREDICTOR  

65 members have voted

1. 1. To Which school will Asante commit?

• Nebraska
    • Maryland
    • Virginia Tech
    • North Carolina

This poll is closed to new votes

Holy cow! He seems to be fast and uber violent. Me likely. I just have to wonder about the competition in those clips. It seemed he was never blocked....once. But I can also understand the other team’s players just wanting to get the hell out of his way. Looks to be well worth trying to find a spot for him.

6 hours ago, melscott62 said:

According to his brothers Twitter he got a ucla offer 3 days ago

And Miami just offered yesterday.  North Carolina offered last week, as did Maryland and TCU.

If he had academic issues, he seems to have gotten them straightened out enough for a lot of Power 5 schools to come calling recently.

I did some research as I am unfamiliar with Virginia high school football. They play in class 6 which is the biggest class in the state of Virginia. I would assume the competition he is going against is no easy pushover because of this. Would definitely take him as the connections are there and he definitely fits the bill in terms of making plays. He also runs through the tackler which is something the staff really likes. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

He must take strength training fairly serious if his 345 lb bench is accurate.

Seems pretty accurate, he has a video of himself pushing 225 16 times post workout. I'll give him a solid 13-14 reps if we are going combine style. that equates to right around 345, and especially if this video really was post-workout.

OK....I typically don't watch high light videos because I think they usually don't really represent how a player plays every down.

But, I've seen enough comments on the video of this kid, I decided to watch.  Impressive.  At first, I had the thought that....well....he's not being blocked.  But, then I noticed, many times they are trying to block him but his speed and quickness, makes them totally whiff.  That, with his size, would be a nice addition.

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Eugene Asante [North Carolina - Signed LOI]