OLB Eugene Asante [North Carolina - Signed LOI]

HUSKERBOARD PREDICTOR  

65 members have voted

1. 1. To Which school will Asante commit?

• Nebraska
    • Maryland
    • Virginia Tech
    • North Carolina

This poll is closed to new votes

Alright, I will be the one to say it....

If we miss on Jordan I'm going to be upset we didn't pursue this kid more.

We should have pursued him more from the get go. The need for his skill set is high, more than one target would have been a good idea,

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess..

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, AlaSker said:

We should have pursued him more from the get go. The need for his skill set is high, more than one target would have been a good idea,

Maybe, but we went after Parker, Fonua, and Jordan.  Last I checked, 3 was greater than 1.

• Fire 1
11 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

You win.

I didn't notice any pursuit of any other OLB.

We certainly pushed as hard for those guys.....

I'll give you that Parker is still a real possibility, but Asante and Jordan seem to offer a different athletic ability that him.

Agreed and would rather have them, but the staff must have had some reason for not going after the brother of a former Husker.

Just now, HS_Coach_C said:

Agreed and would rather have them, but the staff must have had some reason for not going after the brother of a former Husker.

Apologies for my frustration...

I just wish we had all of the info on some of these guys,

Fonua was at best a band-aid. the rest of these kids could have provided something beyond that with their physical attributes.

Parker looks like the real deal pass rushing wise but not the full package, if we get him, hopefully we can expand his abilities.

Maybe he already has them, and most posters (including myself) don't have a clue what they are talking about.

1 hour ago, AlaSker said:

Parker looks like the real deal pass rushing wise but not the full package, if we get him, hopefully we can expand his abilities.

Yeah, that's my problem with him. We need a pass rusher, but I feel like we need a guy who can contribute on day one. How well and how quickly can Parker learn coverage?

2 hours ago, AlaSker said:

Excuse me. Let’s be clear, I said it first and got reamed. 

9 hours ago, Toe said:

Yeah, that's my problem with him. We need a pass rusher, but I feel like we need a guy who can contribute on day one. How well and how quickly can Parker learn coverage?

I don't believe anyone the coaches are currently recruiting with any form of diligence are day 1 starters.

9 hours ago, Toe said:

Per a poster on RSS the coaches are allegedly heading to Virginia and I would assume it’s to see Asante. Clouse mentioned in his update this morning the coaches may make one more run at him assuming Jordan went to TCU. 

Edit: Matya just spoke with him. He spoke with our coaches last night and said Nebraska is still very much in the mix. He is planning on visiting North Carolina this weekend and not sure about any other trips. We could try and get him out here for a mid week visit.  Matya didn't say anything about our coaches being there tonight so that poster could have been wrong. We will see....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Billsantosa said:

2 OLB seems likely.

I could say either, or, as there are no guarantees Parker comes, let alone Assante. Who knows? Parker may fall in love with KU. But I cannot imagine KU having a wow factor like TCU. I could see how Jordan preferred the metropolitan area of Ft Worth versus Lincoln, and the winter weather is better. Some kids rather have that. 

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Eugene Asante [North Carolina - Signed LOI]