OLB Eugene Asante [North Carolina - Signed LOI]

HUSKERBOARD PREDICTOR  

65 members have voted

1. 1. To Which school will Asante commit?

• Nebraska
    • Maryland
    • Virginia Tech
    • North Carolina

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Pedro G said:

I could say either, or, as there are no guarantees Parker comes, let alone Assante. Who knows? Parker may fall in love with KU. But I cannot imagine KU having a wow factor like TCU. I could see how Jordan preferred the metropolitan area of Ft Worth versus Lincoln, and the winter weather is better. Some kids rather have that. 

Staff wants 2 is what I meant.

11 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

This doesn't seem to be a good start to '19.  

We have a good class even if we get none of these guys. Not getting them is only magnified because we don't have a couple dozen people signing with us on the same day as we lose some of them. If we were to find out about all of it on the same signing date like we used to, it would be a good day.

• Plus1 2

This can put you at a bit of a disadvantage when you just recently discovered some of these prospects without establishing a longer-term relationship. While it’s still no guarantee for success in recruiting, hopefully in the future they already have discovered and are establishing these relationships with diamonds in the rough that may end up getting rated much higher and more highly sought after once discovered. 

2 hours ago, Pedro G said:

This can put you at a bit of a disadvantage when you just recently discovered some of these prospects without establishing a longer-term relationship. While it’s still no guarantee for success in recruiting, hopefully in the future they already have discovered and are establishing these relationships with diamonds in the rough that may end up getting rated much higher and more highly sought after once discovered. 

They were behind the 8 ball on this class. 2020 is the first year where they won’t have that issue.

2 hours ago, Pedro G said:

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They were behind the 8 ball on this class. 2020 is the first year where they won’t have that issue.

Also, there will almost always be kids that go overlooked up to December.

Kids get injured the prior season and don't get an opportunity to prove their worth until their senior season.

I don't see this kind of thing going away any time soon, maybe with an earlier start we won't be searching for kids like these this late in a recruiting class. But those kids who skyrocket late in the cycle will always be there.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Eugene Asante [North Carolina - Signed LOI]