CB D.J. James [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will James Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, huskerfan702 said:

He shared a lot of Oregon stuff and seems to be close to Donte Williams. Him and Noa together would’ve been great. I’d rather recruit the position really hard next year and finish up with njoku pola mao Lockhart and Jordan 

I’m with you on that, I have to think our staff thinks we are in a decent position on cornerbacks, including the 19 recruits. They have some designations we haven’t clarified yet, like Newsome to corner and such. Getting some other weapons in the offense and filling some depth with huge potential in other spots on defense is just as important as CB. Plus who knows if this kid would have come to Nebraska if we had done everything possible, or if he would have panned out.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to CB D.J. James [Oregon Commit]

You win some, you lose some, just the nature of the business. Donte is a really good recruiter so props to him.

Jamel Starks is probably the last DB guy on our board, as Fong has Mayo going to Iowa State. Starks could play either safety or corner for us.

DJ James is a true CB and Starks is more of a safety but he can play corner if need be. 

45 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

You win some, you lose some, just the nature of the business. Donte is a really good recruiter so props to him.

Jamel Starks is probably the last DB guy on our board, as Fong has Mayo going to Iowa State. Starks could play either safety or corner for us.

DJ James is a true CB and Starks is more of a safety but he can play corner if need be. 

Not sure we were really after him anymore once Pola-Gates committed.

22 minutes ago, ArkanSkers said:

Well, he signed in December, and Frost and co had to know that. It wouldn’t make much sense for them to back off recently, since they’ve know for a month that he’s already signed.

Unless, after Pola-Gates signed, DJ was only going to have a spot here if other major prospects didn't want in. Now, we're close enough to signing day and out of the quiet period so the staff is feeling more comfortable with other top prospects they are after.....so the told DJ there probably wouldn't be a spot for him here.

If the others prospects didn't want in, then they would have taken DJ.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unless, after Pola-Gates signed, DJ was only going to have a spot here if other major prospects didn't want in. Now, we're close enough to signing day and out of the quiet period so the staff is feeling more comfortable with other top prospects they are after.....so the told DJ there probably wouldn't be a spot for him here.

If the others prospects didn't want in, then they would have taken DJ.

We simply got beat here. Not a big deal.

I'd put a grad transfer corner on the "to-get list" for the summer (pending the results of spring ball). I still think we're in good shape if we continue to develop the guys we have.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB D.J. James [Oregon - Signed LOI]