Jump to content
Mavric

CB D.J. James [Oregon - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Player: D.J. James

Hometown: Spanish Fort, Alabama

School: Spanish Fort

Position: Cornerback

Height: 6-0

Weight: 170

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Alabama, Florida, Kansas, Louisville, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee

Visits: 1/12/19

 

Twitter

 

247 Composite: #880 Overall; #80 CB; .8585; :star:star:star 

 

Rivals: :star:star:star 
247: #64 CB; :star:star:star 
ESPN: #110 CB; :star:star:star 

 

Hudl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This offer has no bearing on Gates at all.

 

We just need another CB spot to fill and this guy is solid.

 

I would rate Starks, James, Mayo in the order of priority for the staff. I believe Starks is the best of the three and I am really high on him. We offered James because he is better than Mayo and if we miss on Starks and Mayo we have an option. 

 

We seem to be after Starks and he hasn't committed to us, so if we miss on him we take James. 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, HS_Coach_C said:

Plans to visit:

Nebraska on January 11th

Oregon on January 18th

 

(from 247 profile)

 

Also Iowa on 1/25

 

He said these other schools are recruiting him harder than MSU right now but he's still committed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Had 14 INT in his HS career. I'd welcome that 

Seems to fit Chinander’s vision for the defense, guys who naturally attack the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like DW stopped by this morning like we did for Dylan J.  We can sell the kid by telling him how oir DBs improved once DW left.  

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Looks like DW stopped by this morning like we did for Dylan J.  We can sell the kid by telling him how oir DBs improved once DW left.  

 

Looks like someone ate DW

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Hope he likes snow!

Watch the chiefs game with him amd tell him it is something he might have to deal with in a few years.  Might as well get used to it now.  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Watch the chiefs game with him amd tell him it is something he might have to deal with in a few years.  Might as well get used to it now.  

Actually nice outside.  At least it's not below 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said he loved his visit.

 

Chinander and Fisher will be in-home Tuesday.  Oregon, Iowa and Mississippi also in-home this week.

 

Visiting Oregon and Iowa the next two weeks.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like he is replacing his visit to iowa with a trip to Ol Mi$$.  Like this kid but will be a tough pull for us with SEC interest andhis visit to oregon this week too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He shared a lot of Oregon stuff and seems to be close to Donte Williams. Him and Noa together would’ve been great. I’d rather recruit the position really hard next year and finish up with njoku pola mao Lockhart and Jordan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, huskerfan702 said:

He shared a lot of Oregon stuff and seems to be close to Donte Williams. Him and Noa together would’ve been great. I’d rather recruit the position really hard next year and finish up with njoku pola mao Lockhart and Jordan 

I’m with you on that, I have to think our staff thinks we are in a decent position on cornerbacks, including the 19 recruits. They have some designations we haven’t clarified yet, like Newsome to corner and such. Getting some other weapons in the offense and filling some depth with huge potential in other spots on defense is just as important as CB. Plus who knows if this kid would have come to Nebraska if we had done everything possible, or if he would have panned out.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You win some, you lose some, just the nature of the business. Donte is a really good recruiter so props to him.

 

Jamel Starks is probably the last DB guy on our board, as Fong has Mayo going to Iowa State. Starks could play either safety or corner for us.

 

DJ James is a true CB and Starks is more of a safety but he can play corner if need be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Everyone has different tastes, like in food, movies, college football choice, etc. 

Shoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

You win some, you lose some, just the nature of the business. Donte is a really good recruiter so props to him.

 

Jamel Starks is probably the last DB guy on our board, as Fong has Mayo going to Iowa State. Starks could play either safety or corner for us.

 

DJ James is a true CB and Starks is more of a safety but he can play corner if need be. 

Not sure we were really after him anymore once Pola-Gates committed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure we were really after him anymore once Pola-Gates committed.

Well, he signed in December, and Frost and co had to know that. It wouldn’t make much sense for them to back off recently, since they’ve know for a month that he’s already signed.

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ArkanSkers said:

Well, he signed in December, and Frost and co had to know that. It wouldn’t make much sense for them to back off recently, since they’ve know for a month that he’s already signed.

Unless, after Pola-Gates signed, DJ was only going to have a spot here if other major prospects didn't want in. Now, we're close enough to signing day and out of the quiet period so the staff is feeling more comfortable with other top prospects they are after.....so the told DJ there probably wouldn't be a spot for him here.


If the others prospects didn't want in, then they would have taken DJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unless, after Pola-Gates signed, DJ was only going to have a spot here if other major prospects didn't want in. Now, we're close enough to signing day and out of the quiet period so the staff is feeling more comfortable with other top prospects they are after.....so the told DJ there probably wouldn't be a spot for him here.


If the others prospects didn't want in, then they would have taken DJ.

We simply got beat here. Not a big deal.

 

I'd put a grad transfer corner on the "to-get list" for the summer (pending the results of spring ball). I still think we're in good shape if we continue to develop the guys we have.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×