Give props, or no?

I am I

40 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It only matters if you think that integrity is more important than winning a sports game.

Displaying INTEGRITY in every decision and action;
Building and maintaining TRUST with others;
Giving RESPECT to each person we encounter;
Pursuing unity of purpose through TEAMWORK;
Maintaining LOYALTY to student-athletes, co-workers, fans and
the University of Nebraska.

Hmmm, nothing about winning in the Athletic Department's Mission Statement.

Not the victory but the action;
Not the goal but the game;
In the deed the glory

Something totally the opposite of "win at all costs" inscribed into the stadium.

Well said.  I believe Coach Frost would be true to those words.  

13 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

Well said.  I believe Coach Frost would be true to those words.  

Anyone who's ever spent more than a few minutes around Frost over the last 20+ years would come to the conclusion that those sorts of ideas are Frost's primary obsession. I can't speak for him, but my hunch would be that he would rather not have fans supporting his team (the same way he wouldn't want coaches coaching it or administrators aiding it) who would rather win at whatever cost necessary and would be glad for them to root for some other program.

• Plus1 1
On 12/26/2018 at 9:49 AM, billdozer15 said:

I'm a win at all cost type of guy. Everyone else does shady stuff, so we might as well too. Its only a problem if you get caught and even then nobody really cares that much.

I never used to be this way, but ever since Penn State essentially got away with running a pedophile camp, whats it matter if we give players money under the table or in bags of cash on their parents door steps? If the NCAA doesn't care about protecting kids or actually handing out punishment, then I don't really care if we do whatever we can to win.

I couldn’t disagree with this more, I think it’s terrible that they did get essentially no punishment, but integrity is something you can hang your hat on at the end of the day. Because others got away it could never serve as a justification for winning for me.