Board games you like to play

I could see this thread also being part of the gaming sub-forum but since that's more about 'tech' gaming then I figure we'll start it out here.

My dad retired a couple of years ago and we've started to play a lot of board games when we get together. Sometimes it's just the two of us but it's often four of us (my dad, mom, my wife and me). We really enjoy the cooperative strategy games like Pandemic and Flash Point. My dad and I also love tile revealing, exploration and D&D type games like Betrayal at House on the Hill or Tomb of Annihilation (the latter is from the D&D family of games).

What games do you really like? Is anybody else into the RPG/fantasy type games and, if so, which other ones should we check out?

My family will play just about anything. Last night we played Ticket to Ride. Catan has been another recent favorite. Munchkin has been another popular one for us but it is more of a card game than board based. That one usually leads to arguments :D as some of us (no names) are a bit too competitive. Sushi Go is another fun one but not real challenging.

We usually have a group that gets together 1-2x a month to drink some beers and play board games. My relatives also enjoy coming over and playing games. I've been buying and selling them for about 5 years....keeping the ones I enjoyed.

2 Player Games

7 Wonders Duel

Rivals for Catan

Star Realms & Hero Realms 

Family & Party Games

Dragonwood 

Kingdomino

King of Tokyo

Long Shot

Love Letter: Batman

Qwixx

Splendor 

Sushi Go Party

The Boss

Ticket to Ride 

Wits and Wagers (Party Edition)

Other Top Games

7 Wonders

Arcadia Quest 

Blood Bowl: Team Manager 

Clank! 

31 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I have Ticket to Ride (haven't busted it open yet) and I've heard a lot of good things about 7 Wonders and Settlers of Catan, too.

I'll have to look into the sushi one. A) I love sushi b) it was recommended twice here!

Sushi Go is fairly quick and easy to learn. There isn't a tremendous amount of strategy involved but it's fun and really good if you're integrating new people and/or dont have the time for a long game.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

My family will play just about anything. Last night we played Ticket to Ride. Catan has been another recent favorite. Munchkin has been another popular one for us but it is more of a card game than board based. That one usually leads to arguments :D as some of us (no names) are a bit too competitive. Sushi Go is another fun one but not real challenging.

That's very similar to our house. We play Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Monopoly, and Dragonwood when my 8 year old is playing. And we add Munchkins, Exploding Kittens, Unstable Unicorns, and Jackbox (group video game everyone plays together using their smart phone) for the adults. Jackbox gets better the later it gets and the more people are drinking.

• 1 month later...