OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Jordan Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2019 at 10:00 PM

15 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I dunno about that.....  time is valuable so wasting time, and money, to go visit a recruit you aren’t interested in..... that just seems silly.  Regardless on how “honorable” the staff is

Long term goals might be different. Recruits talk to one another and with social media can be more vocal.

I agree they might not fly out just to tell a kid they arent interested but I also wouldnt put that past them or at least meeting him to vet it all out.

Like I said, I know zero what is truly happening but this staff does seem to do things in a more honorable fashion.

22 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The thing us we are interested depending on the status of his red flag. We need a guy like this in this class so I think they would spend time vetting the situation if they felt it nessecary 

I wasn’t saying visiting him is a waste. More so that visiting someone to tell them you aren’t interested in them is a waste.  I truly think there’s still a chance here

14 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Long term goals might be different. Recruits talk to one another and with social media can be more vocal.

I agree they might not fly out just to tell a kid they arent interested but I also wouldnt put that past them or at least meeting him to vet it all out.

Like I said, I know zero what is truly happening but this staff does seem to do things in a more honorable fashion.

I could also argue....

id hate to carve out time in my day, put on a smile and invitensomeone into my house  just to have them say “we’re going a different route.  Dueces”

11 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

Why would a recruit tweet out pictures of the visit if they were there to pull his offer?

Exactly.  Like "sorry son, we are not interested.  Now lets take a picture of all of us throwing the bones and good luck in life."  Dylan wakes up the next morning to post image of the coaches that told him thanks, but no thanks 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, SUHperman said:

This is correct. K state rivals guy told the HOL guys and then they reported it over on RSS. They haven't addressed this yet this morning but I'm sure they are working on getting more information.

Edit: my read on this is some information may have been spread about him that was not entirely true and the staff is doing their own due diligence and continuing to look into the situation. No clue what the red flag was that popped up though. 

I was told there was an incident at a high school basketball game possibly involving alcohol and shoving a school employee. My source is really tuned in to these things, but hopefully he was misinformed. Glad to see the Huskers doing there own due diligence. I hope the whole thing is just being overblown.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do you think they would rather have him than Parker?

I really don't know.  

One thing I've been trying to figure out is if Frost uses a set order of preference or more of a tiered system.  That is, obviously they have guys they want more than others.  But if two guys are fairly close, do they figure either will be fine or do they really push harder for the one they might like slightly better.  It kind of seems to me that they go with more of a tiered system but I'm not sure if I'm just making that up or not.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Snowbird said:

They would like Jordan over Parker. They believe he has more upsides and more explosiveness. Also want get the best kids in Kansas if we can. 

I could argue for either player.  

Jordan is closer so we would be building more of a base in a neighboring state and it's possible the coaches really believe he's a better player.

Parker probably has been playing against tougher competition and is from a recruiting hotbed we would like to get more players out of.

It'll be interesting to see who we end up with (assuming we end up with one of them).

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]