OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Jordan Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2019 at 10:00 PM

9 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

He’s 6”5 230. He’s going to gain 15-20 in his redshirt year just by default almost. That puts him at 250. Who’s he covering???

There is a major difference from a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 OLB. With our scheme he is basically a stand up defensive end. I want Jordan and am aware that he is a better athlete, but you also have to have someone who can take on blocks in the run game. 

This kid is not big enough to play DE in a 3-4....

Image result for jamin graham

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

He’s 6”5 230. He’s going to gain 15-20 in his redshirt year just by default almost. That puts him at 250. Who’s he covering???

Well he's not playing DE at 250 either. He might grow into DE, but I think Graham is athletic enough to play OLB. It feels like the staff wants a smaller OLB (Gifford) and a bigger one as a pass rusher. Obviously the smaller one still needs to be able to set the edge and rush the passer and the bigger guy needs to be able to drop in coverage some, but I don't get the sense that ~230 is their ideal weight for both OLBs.

7 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

He’s not as good as athlete as Jordan. He doesn’t have the flexible hips Jordan does. Don’t see him in space trying to tackle people. 

Agreed he's not quite the athlete Jordan is, but not a lot of people are. Jordan would give more flexibility because you could try and have him in man coverage at times, but I don't think they're requiring that out of the OLBs. You're not going to find many guys who are equally good at rushing the passer, setting the edge, and covering backs/slot receivers.

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

I’m not saying he’s going to stay 250? I see him getting to 280-290. He is not athletic enough imo to play olb. 

Coaches are going to play the best player. They’re recruiting the best they can get at this point. Why speculate? They’re attracting a profile type of long and athletic. They have a weights program. And they’ll play the one that ends up separating himself. 

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

At 6’5 graham would be amazing at some coverage.  Even at 270 I don’t want his hand on the ground.  I see him as a physical pass rusher and run stopper who can zone cover. Perfect.  

16 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

I cant Disagree more. We shall see what happens 

I see you both as board room coaches and THANK GOD we have Frost and Co running things and not you 2... :)

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

I see you both as board room coaches and THANK GOD we have Frost and Co running things and not you 2... :)

I mean I’d take the job if it was offered to me.   I can do better than ol sprinkles, just consult my PlayStation 2 playcalling.    4th and 10 on the my own 2, fake punt td BAM!   I got this

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]