OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Jordan Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2019 at 10:00 PM

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

1. Dylan Jordan

Dylan is very explosive. He is what an outside linebacker should look like when pursuing the Qb or ball carrier. You can put another 15 lbs of lean muscle on him and he might gain a step. He obviously has good size at 6ft 3in, and has tremendous hips for his position. His tape shows him running the football very well, and that typically helps you play LB because you understand what a RB is looking for. (Save the D. Young references. His physical development is head scratching). Competition will be his knock and it's valid. But I think Kansas has really good players and it continues to show. 

2. Garret Nelson

A different kind of body from the others. He could carry 250 lbs and not lose a step. He's very stout and I am very curious to see what his body looks like after spring. Play him as a Sam Linebacker and have him close to the Line of Scrimmage. He could give you tremendous explosion from that position. He is well known for his motor and it shows. There are some plays where Garret over pursues or whiffs on a tackle. Discipline will be something that he has to work on, but I'd rather have my guy jacked up to play than disinterested.  Garret Nelson in my opinion, will contribute earlier than many believe. 

3. Steven Parker

Has really good size. Lengthy and a more wiry body. His tape shows him getting off the block more and has good athleticism. He isn't as explosive as you'd like, but he could develop it through S&C. Where Steven Parker deters me is that he might develop himself into Guy Thomas. A tweener body that isnt strong enough to be a DE, and not fast enough to be a true OLB. He also looks very robotic when he plays. Not smooth at all. 

4. Jamin Graham

He is hard to examine because his senior tape is private (I believe?). This is the tape that essentially got him noticed. I think there is a brief clip from his senior year and in there you can see how intimidating his size is. His wingspan is insane, and overall size makes him a specimen. He does have some explosion, and you see it when he's in full pursuit. He takes up a lot of space, and it closes passing lanes. There's a play where he completely blows up a swing pass in the flat and I really like that. Jamin has insane potential. I wouldn't put a ton of weight on him. I would shape his body to where he can just be his most explosive self, and everything will fall in place. He has everything else from a physical standpoint. You want more suddenness from the snap. At times he looks a little slow off the ball, and he needs more quick twitch. 

Well done!!

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Vince R. said:

1. Dylan Jordan

Dylan is very explosive. He is what an outside linebacker should look like when pursuing the Qb or ball carrier. You can put another 15 lbs of lean muscle on him and he might gain a step. He obviously has good size at 6ft 3in, and has tremendous hips for his position. His tape shows him running the football very well, and that typically helps you play LB because you understand what a RB is looking for. (Save the D. Young references. His physical development is head scratching). Competition will be his knock and it's valid. But I think Kansas has really good players and it continues to show. 

2. Garret Nelson

A different kind of body from the others. He could carry 250 lbs and not lose a step. He's very stout and I am very curious to see what his body looks like after spring. Play him as a Sam Linebacker and have him close to the Line of Scrimmage. He could give you tremendous explosion from that position. He is well known for his motor and it shows. There are some plays where Garret over pursues or whiffs on a tackle. Discipline will be something that he has to work on, but I'd rather have my guy jacked up to play than disinterested.  Garret Nelson in my opinion, will contribute earlier than many believe. 

3. Steven Parker

Has really good size. Lengthy and a more wiry body. His tape shows him getting off the block more and has good athleticism. He isn't as explosive as you'd like, but he could develop it through S&C. Where Steven Parker deters me is that he might develop himself into Guy Thomas. A tweener body that isnt strong enough to be a DE, and not fast enough to be a true OLB. He also looks very robotic when he plays. Not smooth at all. 

4. Jamin Graham

He is hard to examine because his senior tape is private (I believe?). This is the tape that essentially got him noticed. I think there is a brief clip from his senior year and in there you can see how intimidating his size is. His wingspan is insane, and overall size makes him a specimen. He does have some explosion, and you see it when he's in full pursuit. He takes up a lot of space, and it closes passing lanes. There's a play where he completely blows up a swing pass in the flat and I really like that. Jamin has insane potential. I wouldn't put a ton of weight on him. I would shape his body to where he can just be his most explosive self, and everything will fall in place. He has everything else from a physical standpoint. You want more suddenness from the snap. At times he looks a little slow off the ball, and he needs more quick twitch. 

Excellent!!! Thank you. 

I see that 247 has Nebraska now at 19. 

• Plus1 1

Update this morning that he may push his decision date back. FSU has entered the picture and they sent their LB coach to his school yesterday. He is considering visiting FSU the weekend before signing day. He said that visiting TCU and Utah made him realize it might be hard to be that far from home which would be great for Nebraska. Although he also said living in Florida would be appealing to him. Still like where we sit but he might not commit to us Monday like I had previously expected.

• Plus1 5
18 hours ago, Vince R. said:

1. Dylan Jordan

2. Garret Nelson

3. Steven Parker

4. Jamin Graham

I agree on this Vince...I might have Graham at 3 though instead. Parker had a very productive year, but his film doesn't match up IMO. 

17 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I agree on this Vince...I would have Graham at 3 though instead. Parker had a very productive year, but his film doesn't match up IMO. 

It is tough to evaluate with Graham bc havent seen any SR tape.  Supposedly he made a large jump from JR to SR year.  Would have to see that to judge were he fits in. 

1. Jordan is 1 bc of athletic ability. The quality of competition is not very good in his tape but his ability pops big time.  Perfect field OLB that can do a lot of things schematically.  We faced his team in camp and his athleticism popped at times.  Seemed to freelance at times, but has a nose for the ball and the speed to get there.  

2. Parker is playing better competition but doesnt look quite as explosive as Jordan.  Very versatile.  Line up over the guards or as a true 43 DE and is effective in his pass rush.  Teams scheme him with using a back to chip and helping to his side.  Still has success getting pressure on QB against 2 blockers.  Also plays the run well.  

3a-3b.  Graham 'is awkard, but he has length and a little burst to him that could make him a tough matchup.  Nelson has all the intangibles you want in a blackshirt.  Seems like Graham a boundary OLB that will reduce the amount of field he needs to cover and he will probably be more effective against the run and lining up with his hand on the ground in certain situations.  Reminds of a smaller Stille

47 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

It is tough to evaluate with Graham bc havent seen any SR tape.  Supposedly he made a large jump from JR to SR year.  Would have to see that to judge were he fits in. 

1. Jordan is 1 bc of athletic ability. The quality of competition is not very good in his tape but his ability pops big time.  Perfect field OLB that can do a lot of things schematically.  We faced his team in camp and his athleticism popped at times.  Seemed to freelance at times, but has a nose for the ball and the speed to get there.  

2. Parker is playing better competition but doesnt look quite as explosive as Jordan.  Very versatile.  Line up over the guards or as a true 43 DE and is effective in his pass rush.  Teams scheme him with using a back to chip and helping to his side.  Still has success getting pressure on QB against 2 blockers.  Also plays the run well.  

3a-3b.  Graham 'is awkard, but he has length and a little burst to him that could make him a tough matchup.  Nelson has all the intangibles you want in a blackshirt.  Seems like Graham a boundary OLB that will reduce the amount of field he needs to cover and he will probably be more effective against the run and lining up with his hand on the ground in certain situations.  Reminds of a smaller Stille

Graham is still raw, but his celing can be higher. Had 35 TFL as a SR. Parker is better right now though 

FSU, Louisville and Oregon have all contacted him this week. He said "I feel like Florida State might still be in the question for a visit after Nebraska if I don't commit that Monday." He loves Frost and the one thing he wants to see this weekend is what there is to do in Lincoln. He said you will never run out of things to do in Fort Worth or a bigger city so he mainly wants to see what Lincoln has to offer.

Based off his comments about distance and Utah being too far away I can’t imagine him going too FSU. Predicting he still commits Monday and is N. 

• Plus1 6
36 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

FSU, Louisville and Oregon have all contacted him this week. He said "I feel like Florida State might still be in the question for a visit after Nebraska if I don't commit that Monday." He loves Frost and the one thing he wants to see this weekend is what there is to do in Lincoln. He said you will never run out of things to do in Fort Worth or a bigger city so he mainly wants to see what Lincoln has to offer.

Based off his comments about distance and Utah being too far away I can’t imagine him going too FSU. Predicting he still commits Monday and is N. 

Yeah after this visit, he's staying put. It's too late for Florida St.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]