Mavric

OLB Dylan Jordan

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Dylan Jordan

Hometown: Pittsburg, Kansas

School: Pittsburg

Position: Outside Linebacker

Height: 6-3

Weight: 215

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Nebraska

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #662 Overall; #42 OLB; .8700; :star:star:star 

Rivals: :star:star:star 
247#49 OLB; :star:star:star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

Watched him and some other Husker targets while they had an inside practice at Pittsburg State. Guy is fast! Had no idea who he was at the time. 

• Upvote 2

I know the head coach from Pittsburg High and they have produced some legit D1 kids the last few years in the Barnes rb  at K-State and Trevor Kent who is now at northwestern. Coach Nickelson has said Dylan White is a legit D1 athlete and whoever passes on him will regret it. Much like people have on Barnes who will most likely be drafted this year

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I know the head coach from Pittsburg High and they have produced some legit D1 kids the last few years in the Barnes rb  at K-State and Trevor Kent who is now at northwestern. Coach Nickelson has said Dylan White is a legit D1 athlete and whoever passes on him will regret it. Much like people have on Barnes who will most likely be drafted this year

I see you, with the Pitt State logo!

You say Dylan White. I assume you meant Jordan?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Who were the others in his top 3?

TCU and Utah. He has other offers but only these three are getting a visit. We are his final visit so I feel pretty good about it.

There is a obvious difference between watching film from Dylan Jordan and Eugene Asante. Asante is a full-go, runner-hitter the way Chin and Frost describe their desired defensive mentality, i.e., "shoot your shot". Jordan reminds me a lot of Dedrick Young. He can follow the play but is either indecisive or hesitant in his tackling form.

I guess that may not be a disqualifier if you consider the strides Young made in his play from the first to second half of the season. That may be evidence that this coaching staff can get guys to play with speed and decisiveness.

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

TCU and Utah. He has other offers but only these three are getting a visit. We are his final visit so I feel pretty good about it.

Have they both offered too? 

1 hour ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

There is a obvious difference between watching film from Dylan Jordan and Eugene Asante. Asante is a full-go, runner-hitter the way Chin and Frost describe their desired defensive mentality, i.e., "shoot your shot". Jordan reminds me a lot of Dedrick Young. He can follow the play but is either indecisive or hesitant in his tackling form.

I guess that may not be a disqualifier if you consider the strides Young made in his play from the first to second half of the season. That may be evidence that this coaching staff can get guys to play with speed and decisiveness.

Young also had cement shoes...this kid does not 

• Plus1 2

Dylan Jordan is the kind of player who gets zero offers out of HS, goes to JC, puts on 25 lbs, and becomes a 4 star Juco recruit. 

• Plus1 1

Kid has talent and good measurables. Kind of a freelance player, but has a very high ceiling.  Think he is the backup plan for a kid like brandon mack, who looks like he wants to stay in the sec.  

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

Dylan Jordan is the kind of player who gets zero offers out of HS, goes to JC, puts on 25 lbs, and becomes a 4 star Juco recruit. 

Yes. I think the early signing period helps kids like this get found now instead of after the fact at JUCO or wind up at a smaller college. All the colleges out there are free to focus on kids not signed yet.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I see you, with the Pitt State logo!

You say Dylan White. I assume you meant Jordan?

Ha ha yea sorry, they have a real good WR named Dylan and got the names crossed. Dylan is good, but not P5 FBS good. 

1 hour ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Ha ha yea sorry, they have a real good WR named Dylan and got the names crossed. Dylan is good, but not P5 FBS good. 

Dylan has a preferred walk on offer 

Visiting TCU or Utah on Jan. 11

Kansas Jan. 18

Nebraska Jan 25

His dad is apparently a huge Nebraska fan.

His grandfather was the high school football coach of Grant and Tracey Wistrom.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Kansas Jan. 18

Nebraska Jan 25

Can Grant and Tracey help recruit or is there rules against that. If Grant shows up telling my son he wants him N. He is N. :thumbs

23 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Utah has offered, TCU has not.  Utah St is his next sizable offer.

Go Aggie's !!!!!!!   (I'm a closet Utah St. graduate) .  Year my family (I was a kid) moved to Lincoln  the Huskers played and beat Utah State, folks in Lincoln figured we were in town for the game as we were living in a motel (Old Buffalo Motel , Now grocery store... ) while waiting to close on a house.  At the end of the day I figure the huskers can win this battle so GBR. 

23 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Kid has talent and good measurables. Kind of a freelance player, but has a very high ceiling.  Think he is the backup plan for a kid like brandon mack, who looks like he wants to stay in the sec.  

For his size he moves really well. 

2 hours ago, SUHperman said:

Kansas Jan. 18

Nebraska Jan 25

In the realm of "it's a small world".....

Kurt Thompson was the coach for the two younger Wistroms at Webb City.

Thompson took over at Webb City High School for Jerry Kill (yes, that Jerry Kill).  Thompson, as well as the current Webb City coach John Roderique played at Pittsburg State University....under position coach Jerry Kill and head coach Dennis Franchione.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Surprised it took so long.  His twitter had a ton of ksux tweets and he's right in their back yard.  I am thinking that's where this dude is going to end up.  

You always remember the first big offer.  Seems like we are in before the flurry of offers for this kid too

8 hours ago, ArkanSkers said:

Small world...My dad played ball for Franchione and Kill was a teammate

I went to the same small town Kansas high school as Jerry Kill, so there's my connection to all of this. :P

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Jerry Kill could he a town in NY to go along with, Fishkill, DeerKill, Catskill 

Don’t forget Peekskill, Wallkill, or the Catskills; the lasting impact of the Dutch settling NY, all of the towns that end in “kill” due to the various rivers and waterways in lower NY.

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Don’t forget Peekskill, Wallkill, or the Catskills; the lasting impact of the Dutch settling NY, all of the towns that end in “kill” due to the various rivers and waterways in lower NY.

Yeah, I knew there where more but those were the only ones I remember from my commute to Kingston from Albany 

10 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Bushkill Falls in PA is gorgeous.  I highly recommend.

10 hours ago, caveman99 said:

41 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Bushkill Falls in PA is gorgeous.  I highly recommend.

Don't forget about buzzkill.  That's when I see a new post about a recruit and you all are discussing the colonial Dutch in here instead of an update.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Don't forget about buzzkill.  That's when I see a new post about a recruit and you all are discussing the colonial Dutch in here instead of an update.  

19 minutes ago, runningblind said:

So where do you stand in the debate of New Amsterdam vs. New York City?...……..

1 hour ago, caveman99 said:

So where do you stand in the debate of New Amsterdam vs. New York City?...……..

And what about Istanbul vs Constantinople?