OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Jordan Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2019 at 10:00 PM

Recruiting jump aside, I have always preferred Jordan over Parker. Dylan just looks more natural out there. He is a physical freak, and has natural pursuit skills. The speed off the edge is tremendous. Plus, Kansas produces studs every year, and we need to treat that state like it's our own. Lock it down. 

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Man what a huge gap between 247 and Rivals on this one. From a 92 on 247 to only a 5.5 on Rivals. Makes that composite take a huge hit. 

Someone is going to look silly with their rating on this one in a few years.

I think this is a situation where a player is out in small town America and not going to camps.  Nobody really knows how to rate him.

2 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Recruiting jump aside, I have always preferred Jordan over Parker. Dylan just looks more natural out there. He is a physical freak, and has natural pursuit skills. The speed off the edge is tremendous. Plus, Kansas produces studs every year, and we need to treat that state like it's our own. Lock it down. 

Vince how do you rank Jordan, Parker, Graham? Throw in Nelson if want. 

20 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Vince how do you rank Jordan, Parker, Graham? Throw in Nelson if want. 

1. Dylan Jordan

Dylan is very explosive. He is what an outside linebacker should look like when pursuing the Qb or ball carrier. You can put another 15 lbs of lean muscle on him and he might gain a step. He obviously has good size at 6ft 3in, and has tremendous hips for his position. His tape shows him running the football very well, and that typically helps you play LB because you understand what a RB is looking for. (Save the D. Young references. His physical development is head scratching). Competition will be his knock and it's valid. But I think Kansas has really good players and it continues to show. 

2. Garret Nelson

A different kind of body from the others. He could carry 250 lbs and not lose a step. He's very stout and I am very curious to see what his body looks like after spring. Play him as a Sam Linebacker and have him close to the Line of Scrimmage. He could give you tremendous explosion from that position. He is well known for his motor and it shows. There are some plays where Garret over pursues or whiffs on a tackle. Discipline will be something that he has to work on, but I'd rather have my guy jacked up to play than disinterested.  Garret Nelson in my opinion, will contribute earlier than many believe. 

3. Steven Parker

Has really good size. Lengthy and a more wiry body. His tape shows him getting off the block more and has good athleticism. He isn't as explosive as you'd like, but he could develop it through S&C. Where Steven Parker deters me is that he might develop himself into Guy Thomas. A tweener body that isnt strong enough to be a DE, and not fast enough to be a true OLB. He also looks very robotic when he plays. Not smooth at all. 

4. Jamin Graham

He is hard to examine because his senior tape is private (I believe?). This is the tape that essentially got him noticed. I think there is a brief clip from his senior year and in there you can see how intimidating his size is. His wingspan is insane, and overall size makes him a specimen. He does have some explosion, and you see it when he's in full pursuit. He takes up a lot of space, and it closes passing lanes. There's a play where he completely blows up a swing pass in the flat and I really like that. Jamin has insane potential. I wouldn't put a ton of weight on him. I would shape his body to where he can just be his most explosive self, and everything will fall in place. He has everything else from a physical standpoint. You want more suddenness from the snap. At times he looks a little slow off the ball, and he needs more quick twitch. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
7 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

1. Dylan Jordan

Dylan is very explosive. He is what an outside linebacker should look like when pursuing the Qb or ball carrier. You can put another 15 lbs of lean muscle on him and he might gain a step. He obviously has good size at 6ft 3in, and has tremendous hips for his position. His tape shows him running the football very well, and that typically helps you play LB because you understand what a RB is looking for. (Save the D. Young references. His physical development is head scratching). Competition will be his knock and it's valid. But I think Kansas has really good players and it continues to show. 

2. Garret Nelson

A different kind of body from the others. He could carry 250 lbs and not lose a step. He's very stout and I am very curious to see what his body looks like after spring. Play him as a Sam Linebacker and have him close to the Line of Scrimmage. He could give you tremendous explosion from that position. He is well known for his motor and it shows. There are some plays where Garret over pursues or whiffs on a tackle. Discipline will be something that he has to work on, but I'd rather have my guy jacked up to play than disinterested.  Garret Nelson in my opinion, will contribute earlier than many believe. 

3. Steven Parker

Has really good size. Lengthy and a more wiry body. His tape shows him getting off the block more and has good athleticism. He isn't as explosive as you'd like, but he could develop it through S&C. Where Steven Parker deters me is that he might develop himself into Guy Thomas. A tweener body that isnt strong enough to be a DE, and not fast enough to be a true OLB. He also looks very robotic when he plays. Not smooth at all. 

4. Jamin Graham

He is hard to examine because his senior tape is private (I believe?). This is the tape that essentially got him noticed. I think there is a brief clip from his senior year and in there you can see how intimidating his size is. His wingspan is insane, and overall size makes him a specimen. He does have some explosion, and you see it when he's in full pursuit. He takes up a lot of space, and it closes passing lanes. There's a play where he completely blows up a swing pass in the flat and I really like that. Jamin has insane potential. I wouldn't put a ton of weight on him. I would shape his body to where he can just be his most explosive self, and everything will fall in place. He has everything else from a physical standpoint. You want more suddenness from the snap. At times he looks a little slow off the ball, and he needs more quick twitch. 

Solid breakdown, I agree for most part. Just wanted to hear more opinions. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]