OLB Dylan Jordan [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Jordan Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2019 at 10:00 PM

On 8/4/2020 at 1:14 PM, BigRedN said:

I see lots of "no-no's" here.  No player is served to be promised early playing time.  No human is serves his fellow man when you call them by a racial slur [of all folks ... I would think a person growing up in what we are told is "systematic racism" would use it] and lastly ... no player is served by airing this type of grip on twitter as your means of communication.

The good news is I'm sure the young man is growing up.  :-)

It’s systemic racism, not systematic.

...and are you really calling out a Black person for using the “n-word”?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, broganreynik said:

It’s systemic racism, not systematic.

...and are you really calling out a Black person for using the “n-word”?

I don't know if you have seen the movie, Antwone Fisher,  but ya, there is certainly a "slave community" that exists in certain folks [even people with different skin colors and cultures].  In the movie, Antwone suffers under the beatings from Tate [the Mom].  She does not intend to justify her actions.  Antwone gets counseling in the movie from Davenport [played by Denzel Washington].  Davenport tries to help Antwone understand where Tate's mentality of beatings and verbal abuse to keep the foster children subservient came from.

In a free and open society ... it seems fitting that red, yellow, brown, black and white can certainly view and be One with each other.  Additionally, within that Oneness, it seems reasonable to hold those within their own "color" [should they want to divide themselves up in that way] to hold the value to themselves even with that "color".  Personally, I think it's sad that with a certain "people group" you can have folks of a certain color who look down on folks that are a bit darker or lighter than them.  What does color have to do with anything ... God loves us all ... grateful for that.

Hey, all the best to you in your journey.  Thanks for the correction.  I can't say that word ... let alone try to type it.  :-)  In any event, I'll stay out of the politics of "systemic racism, not systematic".

Blessings to you.

• 8 months later...