HB's Cream of the Crop: Contributors and Casualties --- 2019 Edition

Career Contributors  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Contributors
Nick Henrich - Big time get

Wandale Robinson - Between his ability and lack of guys ahead of him, I think he's a lock for a DAY 1 IMPACT PLAYER

Bryce Benhart - Will push for playing time next year - I could see him start at RT and Farniok move inside

Ty Robinson - Big time get

Rahmir Johnson - I like speed

Darien Chase - Speed to burn and receiver room is open

Jackson Hannah - Great pair with Henrich for years to come

Jamie Nance - Same as Chase

Chris Hickman - Might have to wait his turn but has potential

Quinton Newsome - DBs need some help

Mosai Newsom - Might be a steal

Garrett Nelson - Monster motor

Michael Lynn - Probably moves to the interior but will be solid there

Matthew Anderson - Comes through as a solid OT

Jimmy Fritzche - Frost's projection works out

We'll see how it plays out, but this is  SPOT ON IMO.  

• Plus1 1

Wandale of course . He is a dynamic play maker perfectly suited to this offense. 4 year starter IMO 

Benhart , Giant dude will push for playing time right away, and will only get bigger/better

McCaffery, One of my favorite players in the class. We are one twisted Martinez knee from seeing him on the field at QB, and if not i see him on the field in another capacity. If hes any where near as good as his Dad/brothers, we need him on the field.

Ty is another giant guy who could see action early due to lack of an effective pass rusher. Plenty of upside with this guy too

Hannah is a steal IMO he could see playing time also . Big body guy who i think  will surprise people

Garrett is a grown man already with room to grow more. Hes a Nebraska kid with a high motor, who wants this as much as anyone in the class 

Really like Henrich too i think he may need to bulk up some but WTH do I know lol  I think the same about Hickman 

Rahmir is from Jersey so nobody knows who he is, but he has great speed that  I'm sure Frost will find a way to use

Nance could see early playing time too dynamic playmaker

I dont see a bust in this class though im sure there will be one or two, there always is. I could see some of the OL and DL guys needing time to build their bodies and knowledge before being contributors. 

2 Day 1 Impacts

1. Wandale Robinson- Kid is ready to go and fits this scheme well.  

2.  Rahmir Johnson- Need another RB to step up and I think this kid has a diverse skill set that he can find the field early. \

Early Contributors

1. Jackson Hannah-  No wasted steps in diagnosing plays and arrives with an attitude.  Can play inside and out, can also put his hand in the ground.  

2. Ty Robinson- Long, big and athletic.  Think he finds his way into a deep DL rotation early in his career. 

3. Jamie Nance- Speed, speed, and more speed at a position of need.

4. Bryce Benhart- Probably wont start as a frosh, but should be in the 2 deep and get some reps 

5. Myles Farmer- Versatile athlete that fits what Fisher is looking for.  Plays Sp teams and might find some PT like ol Cam Taylor did this year.

6. Nick Henrich- Going to need to put on some weight, but a very instinctive LB that will need to be ready to play. 

Contributors

1-2 Fritzchke and Anderson- 2 guys that will take a year or 2 to shape their bodies but have good athleticism for their position.

3-4- Wright and Newsome- 

5. Darien Chase- Outside WR similar to Stan the Man

6. Chris Hickman- Stretch, athletic TE

7. Garret Nelson- a Ben Stille type of player for us

8. Piper- Just couldnt stand putting him as a non contributor.  4.81 40 at our camp at 280 is impressive. Just find this kid a home and let him grow.

Non Contributors

1.Graham- Needs to beef up

2.Mosai- See him and Banks as projects along the DL

3.Banks- 

4.Lynn- Havent seen his SR tape, but doesnt move like the other prospects.

5. Thompson-Injuries could be an issue

6. Mccaffrey- WIll be tough to play at that position.  Not a knock on his talent at all.  Has at least 2 years to wait his turn, which is rare these days.  Could see the field before if injury occurs.  

• Plus1 1

I think we are really sleeping on McCaffrey.  This is a player that knows where he’s at in his development and whose family has been through this many times. This family isn’t rushing through things.

He’s an ideal prospect in Mario’s eyes as he prefers athletes that he can mold into QBs. We are focusing so much on how Luke may have to sit behind Martinez that we forget the possibility he may jump Martinez. Or the possibility he redshirts and Martinez goes pro early.  There are simply so many scenarios out there where a player that’s just a little bit patient can still find his opportunity.

15 hours ago, brophog said:

I think we are really sleeping on McCaffrey.  This is a player that knows where he’s at in his development and whose family has been through this many times. This family isn’t rushing through things.

He’s an ideal prospect in Mario’s eyes as he prefers athletes that he can mold into QBs. We are focusing so much on how Luke may have to sit behind Martinez that we forget the possibility he may jump Martinez. Or the possibility he redshirts and Martinez goes pro early.  There are simply so many scenarios out there where a player that’s just a little bit patient can still find his opportunity.

That's great and all but to be honest, i was more enamored with Logan Smothers.  I am no where near a talent evaluator but it felt more to me that Smothers seemed more fluid.  Time will tell, tho.

36 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

That's great and all but to be honest, i was more enamored with Logan Smothers.  I am no where near a talent evaluator but it felt more to me that Smothers seemed more fluid.  Time will tell, tho.

I’m not worried about polish, Mario is great at honing. For as raw as McCaffrey is as a QB he throws some really accurate balls, often on the run. It’s worth looking at his senior year again.

Smothers is years away at this point, though I’m excited to have him committed this far out.

as NU gets more and more speed players the QB is going to be less about talent and more about quickness with the "mind" - I'm sure the staff test the kids before they get on campus, however knowing how HS kids will adapt to the college level of speed is always a large factor.