HB's Cream of the Crop: Contributors and Casualties --- 2019 Edition

Career Contributors  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

as NU gets more and more speed players the QB is going to be less about talent and more about quickness with the "mind" - I'm sure the staff test the kids before they get on campus, however knowing how HS kids will adapt to the college level of speed is always a large factor.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Mario sends out one of his QB tests to high school players before he even offers a scholarship to someone.

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

as NU gets more and more speed players the QB is going to be less about talent and more about quickness with the "mind" - I'm sure the staff test the kids before they get on campus, however knowing how HS kids will adapt to the college level of speed is always a large factor.

Quick decision making is a major part of QB talent. 

Talent will still be important. 

6 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Omaha World Herald pay walls really tick me off. 

McKewon has a good breakdown of Fritzsche and the recruiting class in a recent Pick 6 Podcast.  That's free if you want to listen.

In summary, the coaches see Fritzche as a future Left Tackle, where his athleticism, size and long arms will be great to protect the back side of the QB.  McKewon likes Benhart to end up at Right Tackle, as most teams like to run to the right side, and Benhart is the mauling run-blocker who would be perfect at RT.

Seems like there has been a lull in voting, so I prepared two graphs of (1) the 247Sports Composite Ratings and (2) a confidence index from the 40 votes recorded on Huskerboard. Some surprises. In looks like our confidence in Luke McCaffrey and Ronald Thompkins is rather low (for their national ratings that is). These maybe due to demand of the position and injury history, respectively. Some real fan favorites seems to be the upside of a OL project guy like Matthew Anderson and maybe some homegrown bias with Garrett Nelson, Javin Wright (legacy more than homegrown), and Ethan Piper.

Even though there was 38 votes each for both Robinsons, I am a little surprised it was not unanimous for each. 

271374681_247Comp.png.bd91980fbd379afcdbefe6ef29b8d2ff.png

1951741044_HBCI.png.860946a9febafdbe9ce4ebba005b1866.png

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1