The BIG in Bowls

I am very interested to see how bowl games turn out this season. IMO, the SEC is over rated and the BIG is under rated. Minnesota and Wisconsin started off the bowl season with convincing wins for the BIG. What are your predictions for the rest of the games? I can see the BIG going 7-2. Below are my predictions based on very little research.

OSU - Washington: OSU win

Penn State - Kentucky: PSU win

Iowa - Miss State: Toss Up

Northwestern - Utah: Northwestern win

MSU - Oregon: Oregon win

Michigan - Florida: Michigan win

Purdue - Auburn: Toss Up

• Plus1 1

There are a bunch of starters for Michigan sitting out the game including 2 team captains. Getting ready for the NFL I guess. Some of these guys are late round picks as well. The team and fan base seem very apathetic toward playing Florida again. I’d be surprised if Michigan wins. That said, I agree with Colorado Husk, the bowl games mean less and less if you are not in the 4 team play-off. With all the key players opting out of playing, it starts to feel like a warm up for next year.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

There are a bunch of starters for Michigan sitting out the game including 2 team captains. Getting ready for the NFL I guess. Some of these guys are late round picks as well. The team and fan base seem very apathetic toward playing Florida again. I’d be surprised if Michigan wins. That said, I agree with Colorado Husk, the bowl games mean less and less if you are not in the 4 team play-off. With all the key players opting out of playing, it starts to feel like a warm up for next year.

The playoff is why I care about the bowls. The BIG has to be perceived as a top conference. Winning bowl games helps build the BIG brand. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Minny and Wiscy won. At least we can beat the ACC. :) 

MichiganDad3, I hope the Big Ten does well, but I do not think this years bowl results help next years playoff selection.

Big Ten only lost 1 bolw game last year, I think. It didnt help OSU get in. 

I wish for a 8 team playoff, but that discussion is in another thread. 

• Plus1 1

Honestly, I like college football, but I’m a Nebraska fan more than anything else. I just want to worry about NU’s successes before thinking about the rest of the conference. I understand the Big Ten teams have an indirect correlation to NU’s successes, but I will never “root for the conference”. The fact that the SEC teams and fans do that is one of the lamest things out there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3