Crockpot Potato Wedges/Pics

Roxy15

To make a long story short, I am going to have KFC chicken for dinner tonight.  I have  a real bad cold and that is the only thing that sounds half way decent to me besides wedges.  I didn’t want KFC wedges so

I decided to make my own potato wedges in the crockpot and I used google to find a recipe.  The recipe called for Cajun Seasoning, but, all I have is Creole Seasoning so I used that!  I love spicy food so I added some cayenne pepper and some onion salt to the mixture. After a couple of hours I decided to take a bite to see if the temperature needed adjusting for tonight but they were tender so I turned the heat down.  After just taking a bite, I will never buy wedges again!  I will make these!  

Here is what I used!  I eyeballed it!

NOTE:  I ended up DOUBLING the oil and seasoning mixture!  It all depends on how many potatoes you are using and how much coating you like!

I washed a few Russet Potatoes and patted them dry with a paper towel; then I cut them into wedges.

Spray crockpot with Pam!

Put wedges in Crockpot.

Pour 1/8 cup water around wedges!

In a bowl, I added Creole Seasoning and I added 1/4 cup Olive Oil and dumped some Parmesan Cheese, cayenne pepper and onion salt in; mix well!  Add potato wedges and stir to cover!  

Pour mixture over wedges in crockpot; stir and cover with more Parmesan Cheese!

Put the lid on crockpot and cook on high for 4-1/2 hours WITHOUT lifting the lid up!

When they are done, you can:

Put some shredded cheddar cheese on top and put them in the oven on low broil to crisp them up a bit; top with sour cream or your favorite toppings!

Fried. bacon and chopped green onions would be great on top too!

46E3151D-B74C-4A74-8416-47C67D747844.jpeg

E74269AA-86DC-489B-9FBD-8C847F95244C.jpeg