Mavric

Nebrasketball Game #14 - @ Maryland: Wednesday, January 2 - 5:30 (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

And Roby ain’t playing anymore tonight

What a freak out reaction to some double calf cramping.  Definitely thought way worse based on his reactions

• Haha 1

Roby makes those step through moves look a lot harder to defend than they really are.... And he dribbles straight to the baseline....Yeesh.

Nebrasketball has top 4 talent in the Big Ten. Nebrasketball also has bottom 4 coaching in the Big Ten. So...

• Plus1 1

Must win at Iowa now or we have issues. 

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Nebrasketball has top 4 talent in the Big Ten. Nebrasketball also has bottom 4 coaching in the Big Ten. So...

Oh soooooo true 

• Eyeroll 1

That's two conference games they've gave away.... 0-2 on the road. Can we go 5-3 in the rest of our B1G road games? 

Damn that sucked.  B1G going to be a battle.  1-3-1 on the last possession is kind of baffling, but I guess it got them a huge TO earlier.  Just doesn't make sense to give up the lane like that with a trap in a tie game.

Not too discouraged.  .500 in the B1G should get us in, just need a few close ones like this to swing our way.

2 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

Damn that sucked.  B1G going to be a battle.  1-3-1 on the last possession is kind of baffling, but I guess it got them a huge TO earlier.  Just doesn't make sense to give up the lane like that with a trap in a tie game.

Not too discouraged.  B1G going to be a battle, need to get the right side of a few of these.

It's too bad we are going to underachieve this year 

I’ll say again, Nebraska wins a lot of games in spite of Tim Miles bc the talent covers the coaching deficiencies.  Unfortunately this wasn’t one of them.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Haha. This guy said what I always think when I see a tweet like this from Nebraska media

Read his follow up; that escalated quickly. 

2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It’s tough watching the most talented team in quite a while play Miles ball.  Why doesn’t the Platteview kid play more?

Cuz the Platteview kid is skinny, weak, and slow. 

• Upvote 1

Tough loss for sure, but that’s going to happen this season. The Big Ten is a lot tougher this year, and the 20 conference games is a long conference season. Can’t get too up or down with wins and losses. Just keep pushing through. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Omaha-Husker said:

He would have fouled out in 2 more mins against Fernando.

I didn’t watch much of the first half, but I was listening to the game on the radio feed. Heimann picked up a foul as soon as he entered the game in the first half and would have been a foul machine. 

None of this matters...all they need to do is win at home and not lose to Rutgers, Illinois or PSU.  They lose even one of those games and they are out.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I didn’t watch much of the first half, but I was listening to the game on the radio feed. Heimann picked up a foul as soon as he entered the game in the first half and would have been a foul machine. 

He had 3 fouls in like 2 minutes. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

None of this matters...all they need to do is win at home and not lose to Rutgers, Illinois or PSU.  They lose even one of those games and they are out.

With miles, that's a lot harder than it should be 

• Confused 1

This is so funny,  we loss a close game on the road against a team with a dominate big man and fans go nuts. This team is trash.   We will win a game down the road against a good team and we will be great again. Jeez.  We have no bulk,  we will struggle to beat teams like this!

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

This is so funny,  we loss a close game on the road against a team with a dominate big man and fans go nuts. This team is trash.   We will win a game down the road against a good team and we will be great again. Jeez.  We have no bulk,  we will struggle to beat teams like this!

MD has two NBA (first rounders, maybe) Vegas had the line dead on (shocker) no reason to panic if you are a Husker fan BUT it does suck to see this happen again...especially with a veteran team.

But again, they are 11 wins away from being in for sure.  5 of those will be Rutgers, PSU and one more against Illinois.  So they need 6 more "real" wins

Kent Pavelka was going crazy at the end there. Was it actually a foul when Roby was going up for the ball? Regardless we needed to hit our free throws and we win this game. More ball movement down the stretch would have also helped instead of Palmer playing hero ball- although he was hooping tonight. Lastly, we needed one stop and we couldn't get it and that needs to be corrected as the season goes on. 

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Kent Pavelka was going crazy at the end there. Was it actually a foul when Roby was going up for the ball? Regardless we needed to hit our free throws and we win this game. More ball movement down the stretch would have also helped instead of Palmer playing hero ball- although he was hooping tonight. Lastly, we needed one stop and we couldn't get it and that needs to be corrected as the season goes on. 

Naw that wasn't a foul.  I really liked the play design, but the defender played it great.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

There wasn’t a foul on Roby at the end. It looked like contact initially, but it was clean.

Regarding the D at the end, the 1-3-1 zone created a bad shot in the 2nd to last possession, it was kind of a fluky bounce and Maryland got the offensive rebound and put back. On the last possession, it was a big, talented guy, making a good play. Sometimes that happens. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

People are going nuts because it's easy, simple things that cost Nebraska games. Things like Free Throws and turnovers are easy to control and will win games like this. 

• Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

People are going nuts because it's easy, simple things that cost Nebraska games. Things like Free Throws and turnovers are easy to control and will win games like this. 

I agree, but the sun will come up in the morning for most.   I'm laughing at the bi-polar posters.  It is hilarious!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Big red surfers said:

Once again in one of there patented scoring droughts. 4 points in 5 mins. 

dude every team has droughts in college basketball and you can't have a drought when you score points.

4 hours ago, Big red surfers said:

This game is why Nebraska basketball fans will never have nice stuff.  

We have the Vault