Mavric

OLB Steven Parker [Kansas - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Steven Parker

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

School: South Oak Cliff

Position: Outside Linebacker, Defensive End

Height: 6-3

Weight: 220

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, Purdue, TCU, UCLA

Visits: 1/12/19

Twitter

247 Composite: #351 Overall; #22 WDE; .8937; :star:star:star:star 

Rivals: #20 WDE; :star:star:star:star 
247: #20 WDE; :star:star:star:star 
ESPN: #66 DE; :star:star:star 

Hudl

Had been committed to Texas Tech for over a year before decommitting this month.

Visiting here next weekend, Kansas February 2 and possibly UCLA in between.

100 tackles, 36 TFLs and 20 sacks last year.

• Plus1 1

Hopefully he is blown away by Nebraska, and cancels his visit to KU. We shouldn’t lose a battle against Kansas — Miles or no Miles. But since he is scheduled to visit right near the later signing period, anything can happened. 

3 hours ago, Pedro G said:

Hopefully he is blown away by Nebraska, and cancels his visit to KU. We shouldn’t lose a battle against Kansas — Miles or no Miles. But since he is scheduled to visit right near the later signing period, anything can happened. 

I don't think Miles is the main reason for a KU visit. Emmett Jones the new KU WR coach was  coaching at South Oak Cliff HS then TT. That seems to be the relationship of note.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I'm not saying KU's facilities are better or on par with Nebraska's, as I haven't seen either in person, but they are newer.  I watched a walk through that Ben Leber (former KSU player) did at KU's new facilities and he even mentioned how much better they were than KSU's, which I believe are also newer than Nebraska's. 

2 hours ago, FrostedTips said:

I don't think Miles is the main reason for a KU visit. Emmett Jones the new KU WR coach was  coaching at South Oak Cliff HS then TT. That seems to be the relationship of note.

Oh well, if he goes to KU, we can’t win them all. But hopefully he is really impressed by Frost and the assistant coaches. 

55 minutes ago, HUSKERherc said:

I'm not saying KU's facilities are better or on par with Nebraska's, as I haven't seen either in person, but they are newer.  I watched a walk through that Ben Leber (former KSU player) did at KU's new facilities and he even mentioned how much better they were than KSU's, which I believe are also newer than Nebraska's. 

I can't speak to some of the facilities that the public doesn't have access too, but that football stadium is a piece of s#!t (to be direct). There are high school set-ups better than that place. Definitely not in the realm of Memorial Stadium. Hell, even Allen Fieldhouse is a s#!t hole, even if it is one of my favorite places I've ever watched a basketball game:lol:. But that had more to do with the Kansas basketball lore. Now, the campus around all of it? Absolutely beautiful....

4 hours ago, FrostedTips said:

Thanks for the info, I was curious about the KU connection. 

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I can't speak to some of the facilities that the public doesn't have access too, but that football stadium is a piece of s#!t (to be direct). There are high school set-ups better than that place. Definitely not in the realm of Memorial Stadium. Hell, even Allen Fieldhouse is a s#!t hole, even if it is one of my favorite places I've ever watched a basketball game:lol:. But that had more to do with the Kansas basketball lore. Now, the campus around all of it? Absolutely beautiful....

Yea it is a complete wreck! But I thought I heard somewhere that KU is getting ready to dump a bunch of money into it and other football facilities, and they are going to do a massive upgrade

7 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Yea it is a complete wreck! But I thought I heard somewhere that KU is getting ready to dump a bunch of money into it and other football facilities, and they are going to do a massive upgrade

They just need to start over. I couldn't believe that access to it, when I was in town for the Nebraska @ Kansas basketball game a few years ago. We were walking around that morning before the game, and went to the football stadium. When we arrived, there were some players doing some 7 on 7 work on the field, and we walked right down through the open gate, on the open end of the field, and sat on the sideline benches and watched them for awhile. Nobody said a word.

24 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

My oldest son works at KU. They are going to pump money into the stadium and football to try and make it better. It's part of the reason they hired Miles.

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

They just need to start over. I couldn't believe that access to it, when I was in town for the Nebraska @ Kansas basketball game a few years ago. We were walking around that morning before the game, and went to the football stadium. When we arrived, there were some players doing some 7 on 7 work on the field, and we walked right down through the open gate, on the open end of the field, and sat on the sideline benches and watched them for awhile. Nobody said a word.

To be fair, they aren't used to other programs needing to spy on them to beat them.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

To be fair, they aren't used to other programs needing to spy on them to beat them.

I do what I can, for Dear Ol NU:lol:

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

A lot of places are like that. There's no pressing need to lock up and guard an empty stadium.

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

A lot of places are like that. There's no pressing need to lock up and guard an empty stadium.

I haven't been to a ton of college/pro stadiums, but I've never seen one that accessible. Hell, the local HS stadium is gated off.

14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I haven't been to a ton of college/pro stadiums, but I've never seen one that accessible. Hell, the local HS stadium is gated off.

Memorial in Lincoln was open through the 80's and at least the mid 90's - not sure since then. Folsom Field is open - if you're in Boulder, you can go take pictures in it. Aloha Stadium on Oahu was open in the late 90's. Florida, Tenn, FSU, South Carolina are all places I've just walked on into over the last couple decades. I'm probably forgetting some.

27 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

About 7 or 8 years ago I was in South Bend Indiana on business, with a Notre Dame fan.  We had some time so we walked around the campus.  The stadium was wide open for us to walk and see it.

I've walked right into Memorial Stadium in Lincoln with my little kids and let them run around on the field before.  Heck, I knew kids that purposely walked across the field every day going to class because they two gates at opposing corners would be open for a clear shot across the field.

Quite a few years ago, I walked into Michigan Stadium and tackled my son on the 50.............nobody around............

11 minutes ago, Comish said:

Quite a few years ago, I walked into Michigan Stadium and tackled my son on the 50.............nobody around............

Ya but after reviewing the play you were ejected for Targeting. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

About 7 or 8 years ago I was in South Bend Indiana on business, with a Notre Dame fan.  We had some time so we walked around the campus.  The stadium was wide open for us to walk and see it.

I've walked right into Memorial Stadium in Lincoln with my little kids and let them run around on the field before.  Heck, I knew kids that purposely walked across the field every day going to class because they two gates at opposing corners would be open for a clear shot across the field.

Well, I'm going to the wrong stadiums I guess:dunno

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Ya but after reviewing the play you were ejected for Targeting. 

Ha, probably true...

Haven't seen any updates from the visit, but everything I've seen says he's here:

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Gave his visit an 8 mostly marked down because of the snow.

Hmmm.  We need tough LBs.  May he isn't if he's concerned about a little snow.

Well...not like Lawrence was tropical oasis this weekend either. Exact same conditions. This decision has got to be about fit and the direction of the program.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Well...not like Lawrence was tropical oasis this weekend either. Exact same conditions. This decision has got to be about fit and the direction of the program.

I think they were hit worse down south.  

• Plus1 1

Right now he is scheduled to be at Kansas on Feb 1 and then possibly Colorado or UCLA after that. Although he said he’s not sure if he will take either trip. 

A coach at Kansas was at his high school and Texas Tech when he was committed there. 

• Plus1 2

22 hours ago, Mavric said:

Gave his visit an 8 mostly marked down because of the snow.

That is interesting because Kansas is his perceived leader-due to his relationship with the Tech coach. 

And it snowed just as much if not more in Lawrence. 

I bet his Nebraska visit is better than the KU one, as our facilities and commitment to football are astronomically higher than KU.

4 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

That is interesting because Kansas is his perceived leader-due to his relationship with the Tech coach. 

And it snowed just as much if not more in Lawrence. 

I bet his Nebraska visit is better than the KU one, as our facilities and commitment to football are astronomically higher than KU.

He has an existing relationship with a coach there and the visit could be crazy with a home basketball game against Texas Tech.  Facilities are not great, but it should not be hard for them to show him a good time.  Football wise Nebraska would be the obvious move for him, but who knows what each individual kid is looking for. 

27 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

He has an existing relationship with a coach there and the visit could be crazy with a home basketball game against Texas Tech.  Facilities are not great, but it should not be hard for them to show him a good time.  Football wise Nebraska would be the obvious move for him, but who knows what each individual kid is looking for. 

A tight relationship can be extremely tough to compete against. So, yes, Kansas most likely signs him unless he has an unexpected bad visit, which would be unlikely. Oh well, we can’t get them all.  

41 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

A tight relationship can be extremely tough to compete against. So, yes, Kansas most likely signs him unless he has an unexpected bad visit, which would be unlikely. Oh well, we can’t get them all.  

and Les Miles still probably has some pull for being at an almighty SEC school in LSU. To be fair Miles was great there and won a Natty 

45 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

and Les Miles still probably has some pull for being at an almighty SEC school in LSU. To be fair Miles was great there and won a Natty 

True, and Kansas has had a good team here and there. It’s not like they had been bad every year. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Pedro G said:

True, and Kansas has had a good team here and there. It’s not like they had been bad every year. 

Maybe two seasons as part of the Big 12 Conference (1996-now) and 5 or so while in the Big 8. So, roughly 7 good seasons in the last 58 years.

Big 8 Conference Records

544661868_ScreenShot2019-01-14at4_29_20PM.thumb.png.73235e5904bb2be8a7dbf77b15a02403.png

Big 12 Conference Records

493226302_ScreenShot2019-01-14at4_29_38PM.thumb.png.c7af03188d0869a0228dc9d2d9ab9c07.png

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Lol 23 wins the past 9 years. Was just getting ready to post this, but Tom beat me to it. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Lol 23 wins the past 9 years. Was just getting ready to post this, but Tom beat me to it. 

My point is it’s possible Miles could put together a good team or two at Kansas. True, they almost always had bad teams,  but it has happened before as you saw in 1968 and especially 1995. Miles is as good of a coach Kansas has ever hired, and that is what I am factoring in. Even crappy Oregon State had a great team when Dennis Erixon (sp?) was there. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, ArkanSkers said:

1968?? Come on, man...

I said “especially” 1995. Yes I know 1968 was a totally different era, but I was mainly pointing to 1995. Again, it’s possible a very good coach can win at an otherwise bad program. It won’t be easy, but Miles possibly could produce winning records there.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

I said “especially” 1995. Yes I know 1968 was a totally different era, but I was mainly pointing to 1995. Again, it’s possible a very good coach can win at an otherwise bad program. It won’t be easy, but Miles possibly could produce winning records there.

Maybe you should point at 2007 and 2008. Possibly the best two-year period in program history. Definitely more recent.

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Maybe you should point at 2007 and 2008. Possibly the best two-year period in program history. Definitely more recent.

Mark Magino (sp?) put together a really good team in 2007.  The point is Miles could do good for Kansas. FYI: Anyone saw the OWH article that the Corn may get a graduate transfer, big-bodied WR — Lawrence Cager — from Miami? Cager said Husker fans stand out from other schools. 

4 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

i only know 3 lsu fans and they were all glad when LM left....

KU only cares if they make a bowl.