OLB Steven Parker [Kansas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

64 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Parker commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Steven Parker

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

School: South Oak Cliff

Position: Outside Linebacker, Defensive End

Height: 6-3

Weight: 220

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, Purdue, TCU, UCLA

Visits: 1/12/19

Twitter

247 Composite: #351 Overall; #22 WDE; .8937; :star:star:star:star 

Rivals: #20 WDE; :star:star:star:star 
247: #20 WDE; :star:star:star:star 
ESPN: #66 DE; :star:star:star 

Hudl

3 hours ago, Pedro G said:

Hopefully he is blown away by Nebraska, and cancels his visit to KU. We shouldn’t lose a battle against Kansas — Miles or no Miles. But since he is scheduled to visit right near the later signing period, anything can happened. 

I don't think Miles is the main reason for a KU visit. Emmett Jones the new KU WR coach was  coaching at South Oak Cliff HS then TT. That seems to be the relationship of note.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Pedro G said:

Hopefully he is blown away by Nebraska, and cancels his visit to KU. We shouldn’t lose a battle against Kansas — Miles or no Miles. But since he is scheduled to visit right near the later signing period, anything can happened. 

I'm not saying KU's facilities are better or on par with Nebraska's, as I haven't seen either in person, but they are newer.  I watched a walk through that Ben Leber (former KSU player) did at KU's new facilities and he even mentioned how much better they were than KSU's, which I believe are also newer than Nebraska's. 

2 hours ago, FrostedTips said:

I don't think Miles is the main reason for a KU visit. Emmett Jones the new KU WR coach was  coaching at South Oak Cliff HS then TT. That seems to be the relationship of note.

Oh well, if he goes to KU, we can’t win them all. But hopefully he is really impressed by Frost and the assistant coaches. 

55 minutes ago, HUSKERherc said:

I'm not saying KU's facilities are better or on par with Nebraska's, as I haven't seen either in person, but they are newer.  I watched a walk through that Ben Leber (former KSU player) did at KU's new facilities and he even mentioned how much better they were than KSU's, which I believe are also newer than Nebraska's. 

I can't speak to some of the facilities that the public doesn't have access too, but that football stadium is a piece of s#!t (to be direct). There are high school set-ups better than that place. Definitely not in the realm of Memorial Stadium. Hell, even Allen Fieldhouse is a s#!t hole, even if it is one of my favorite places I've ever watched a basketball game:lol:. But that had more to do with the Kansas basketball lore. Now, the campus around all of it? Absolutely beautiful....

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I can't speak to some of the facilities that the public doesn't have access too, but that football stadium is a piece of s#!t (to be direct). There are high school set-ups better than that place. Definitely not in the realm of Memorial Stadium. Hell, even Allen Fieldhouse is a s#!t hole, even if it is one of my favorite places I've ever watched a basketball game:lol:. But that had more to do with the Kansas basketball lore. Now, the campus around all of it? Absolutely beautiful....

Yea it is a complete wreck! But I thought I heard somewhere that KU is getting ready to dump a bunch of money into it and other football facilities, and they are going to do a massive upgrade

7 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Yea it is a complete wreck! But I thought I heard somewhere that KU is getting ready to dump a bunch of money into it and other football facilities, and they are going to do a massive upgrade

They just need to start over. I couldn't believe that access to it, when I was in town for the Nebraska @ Kansas basketball game a few years ago. We were walking around that morning before the game, and went to the football stadium. When we arrived, there were some players doing some 7 on 7 work on the field, and we walked right down through the open gate, on the open end of the field, and sat on the sideline benches and watched them for awhile. Nobody said a word.

24 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

My oldest son works at KU. They are going to pump money into the stadium and football to try and make it better. It's part of the reason they hired Miles.

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

They just need to start over. I couldn't believe that access to it, when I was in town for the Nebraska @ Kansas basketball game a few years ago. We were walking around that morning before the game, and went to the football stadium. When we arrived, there were some players doing some 7 on 7 work on the field, and we walked right down through the open gate, on the open end of the field, and sat on the sideline benches and watched them for awhile. Nobody said a word.

To be fair, they aren't used to other programs needing to spy on them to beat them.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

A lot of places are like that. There's no pressing need to lock up and guard an empty stadium.

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Steven Parker [Kansas - Signed LOI]