OLB Steven Parker [Kansas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

64 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Parker commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

247 posted an outlook/evaluation for him earlier (free article):

Steven Parker | WDE

High school: South Oak Cliff (Dallas, Texas)
Measurables: 6-4 | 220
247Sports Composite: 4-star (0.8937), No. 348 Overall, No. 22 WDE
Evaluation: Possesses a terrific frame with good height and great length. A bit narrow through the core, but owns ample space to add weight and strength at the next level. Athletic edge defender who plays with a very high motor. Hustles to the ball. Shows consistent quickness at the snap. Encouraging use of hands to disengage from blockers, particularly as a pass-rusher. Outstanding production in final two seasons of high school (33 sacks). Closes fast and can be dangerous in back-side pursuit. Flashes impressive outside speed rush and bend, but can also counter to the inside or spin off a blocker to get free. Active against the run. Potentially scheme versatile as a four-man end or an odd-front hybrid outside linebacker. Needs to improve consistency with hand placement. High motor and athleticism sometimes lead to overpursuit and playing out of position. Must add bulk and strength to stand up to college offensive linemen, particularly in the run game. Sometimes unnecessarily hunts for the sack or big play. Has not been asked to cover and will need to learn how if playing in a 3-4 scheme. Potential to develop into NFL draft pick. – 247Sports Midlands Region Recruiting Analyst Gabe Brooks
NFL Draft projection: 4-7 Round (Day 3)
Player comparison: Randy Gregory | DE | Dallas Cowboys
247Sports Crystal Ball: Kansas 50% | Texas Tech 25% | Nebraska 25%

Somebody should tell Parker where Randy Gregory himself played. :koolaid2:

• Plus1 3

Seems weird to me they knock his strength. Maybe I'm way off on this but I thought he showed a lot of strength is his highlight tape especially for his size. Obviously he will add some weight and strength at the next level but to me he seems right where he should be on those 2 coming out of HS in order to play 34 OLB at the next level. If he was already 250 and pushing lineman around he would be projecting to end imo. 

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Steven Parker [Kansas - Signed LOI]