OLB Steven Parker [Kansas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

64 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Parker commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Both Clouse and Munson have mentioned it sounds like Parker is pretty burned out with the recruiting process. His coach told Clouse that Nebraska has been pushing hard but has since backed off a bit to give Parker some space to make his own decision. This lines up with a DM Munson received saying he was taking a break from recruiting. Sounds like some schools may be doing themselves a disservice by pushing for his commitment. We have a solid chance here but I don't think anyone has a good feel for where he will end up.

49 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Both Clouse and Munson have mentioned it sounds like Parker is pretty burned out with the recruiting process. His coach told Clouse that Nebraska has been pushing hard but has since backed off a bit to give Parker some space to make his own decision. This lines up with a DM Munson received saying he was taking a break from recruiting. Sounds like some schools may be doing themselves a disservice by pushing for his commitment. We have a solid chance here but I don't think anyone has a good feel for where he will end up.

My completely unsubstantiated guess would be he stays closer to home if this is the case.

7 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Just curious of peoples thoughts, but is Jordan plan A and Parker plan B here? Anyone have a preference as well?

I like both but I do think Jordan has more of the "freak" athleticism to him but both seem to be solid in that area. I wouldn't be disappointed if Parker is a consolation prize here

I have heard some people more recently rank it Jordan > Parker. This is actually surprising as Parker was initially considered the better prospect, has a higher ranking, and was offered much earlier by Nebraska. It is the latter point that makes me feel Nebraska has it Parker > Jordan and always had. Personally, I think Jordan has got some run by Nebraska fans because of the "local talent" bias.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

I have heard some people more recently rank it Jordan > Parker. This is actually surprising as Parker was initially considered the better prospect, has a higher ranking, and was offered much earlier by Nebraska. It is the latter point that makes me feel Nebraska has it Parker > Jordan and always had. Personally, I think Jordan has got some run by Nebraska fans because of the "local talent" bias.

Agree, I always thought Parker was option A and Jordan was B.

18 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

It seemed like the recent hype with Jordan was a little about him being so close and potentially being overlooked because of location. If the comp of Gregory is close I would be beyond pumped for Parker. Hope he's ours.

I don't want another Jean- Baptiste situation like last year......

Parker has to be really good athlete, besides being strong enough getting off blocks. He didn’t get 20 sacks for nothing. That is an amazing statistic. Thus, maybe he is more explosive than he appears on video. To get that many sacks and additional behind the line tackles, he has to be strong, quick and fast. 

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Steven Parker [Kansas - Signed LOI]