Mavric

OLB Steven Parker [Kansas - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are still in this, according to an article written  by Greg Smith. Parker said his visit to Nebraska went real well. He said the vibes he gets from the coaches will determine where he will go. 

• Plus1 1

Fong put in CB this morning. Someone on RSS said it’s for N but I don’t have a subscription to 247 to confirm. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, SUHperman said:

Fong put in CB this morning. Someone on RSS said it’s for N but I don’t have a subscription to 247 to confirm. 

It is in fact for N

• Plus1 4

Just now, Ziebol said:

It is in fact for N

Interesting. I didn’t think we had much of a chance with him. I thought he would end up at KU or back at tech. 

• Plus1 1

Man. What a snag that would be last minute. OLB February 4 star commitments could be a tradition I could get used to I think.

• Plus1 2

Fong said he feels good about Parker to N because we made a major move with him. Still considering Minny and Kansas. 

I don't remember a highly rated recruit ever giving a visit an 8 (less than a 10) and then committing a couple weeks later.

He must have liked everything...but hated the snow.  But then, realized he's going to get that no matter where he goes.

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Fong said he feels good about Parker to N because we made a major move with him. Still considering Minny and Kansas. 

Snow can't be a factor if you are still considering Minnesota and Kansas

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, mnhusker said:

I hope he comes on board, nice to see some defensive guys as we close out the class. 

It would be nice to finish strong with 2019 and jump full time into 2020.

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Interesting that Clouse thinks Texas Tech leads

I totally trust Clouse over Wiltfong.

Edited by runningblind
I didn't think I needed to explain this is sarcasm...
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

247 posted an outlook/evaluation for him earlier (free article):

Steven Parker | WDE

High school: South Oak Cliff (Dallas, Texas)
Measurables: 6-4 | 220
247Sports Composite: 4-star (0.8937), No. 348 Overall, No. 22 WDE
Evaluation: Possesses a terrific frame with good height and great length. A bit narrow through the core, but owns ample space to add weight and strength at the next level. Athletic edge defender who plays with a very high motor. Hustles to the ball. Shows consistent quickness at the snap. Encouraging use of hands to disengage from blockers, particularly as a pass-rusher. Outstanding production in final two seasons of high school (33 sacks). Closes fast and can be dangerous in back-side pursuit. Flashes impressive outside speed rush and bend, but can also counter to the inside or spin off a blocker to get free. Active against the run. Potentially scheme versatile as a four-man end or an odd-front hybrid outside linebacker. Needs to improve consistency with hand placement. High motor and athleticism sometimes lead to overpursuit and playing out of position. Must add bulk and strength to stand up to college offensive linemen, particularly in the run game. Sometimes unnecessarily hunts for the sack or big play. Has not been asked to cover and will need to learn how if playing in a 3-4 scheme. Potential to develop into NFL draft pick. – 247Sports Midlands Region Recruiting Analyst Gabe Brooks
NFL Draft projection: 4-7 Round (Day 3)
Player comparison: Randy Gregory | DE | Dallas Cowboys
247Sports Crystal Ball: Kansas 50% | Texas Tech 25% | Nebraska 25%

Somebody should tell Parker where Randy Gregory himself played. :koolaid2:

• Plus1 3

Seems weird to me they knock his strength. Maybe I'm way off on this but I thought he showed a lot of strength is his highlight tape especially for his size. Obviously he will add some weight and strength at the next level but to me he seems right where he should be on those 2 coming out of HS in order to play 34 OLB at the next level. If he was already 250 and pushing lineman around he would be projecting to end imo. 

Both Clouse and Munson have mentioned it sounds like Parker is pretty burned out with the recruiting process. His coach told Clouse that Nebraska has been pushing hard but has since backed off a bit to give Parker some space to make his own decision. This lines up with a DM Munson received saying he was taking a break from recruiting. Sounds like some schools may be doing themselves a disservice by pushing for his commitment. We have a solid chance here but I don't think anyone has a good feel for where he will end up.

49 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Both Clouse and Munson have mentioned it sounds like Parker is pretty burned out with the recruiting process. His coach told Clouse that Nebraska has been pushing hard but has since backed off a bit to give Parker some space to make his own decision. This lines up with a DM Munson received saying he was taking a break from recruiting. Sounds like some schools may be doing themselves a disservice by pushing for his commitment. We have a solid chance here but I don't think anyone has a good feel for where he will end up.

My completely unsubstantiated guess would be he stays closer to home if this is the case.

I'd be surprised if we don't end up with Parker. I feel we had a plan C and turned him away after this visit. 

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Chinander and Frost visited his school today. Probably know Jordan is gone. 

Or they know they have Jordan locked up :koolaid2:

Just curious of peoples thoughts, but is Jordan plan A and Parker plan B here? Anyone have a preference as well?

I like both but I do think Jordan has more of the "freak" athleticism to him but both seem to be solid in that area. I wouldn't be disappointed if Parker is a consolation prize here

7 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Just curious of peoples thoughts, but is Jordan plan A and Parker plan B here? Anyone have a preference as well?

I like both but I do think Jordan has more of the "freak" athleticism to him but both seem to be solid in that area. I wouldn't be disappointed if Parker is a consolation prize here

I have heard some people more recently rank it Jordan > Parker. This is actually surprising as Parker was initially considered the better prospect, has a higher ranking, and was offered much earlier by Nebraska. It is the latter point that makes me feel Nebraska has it Parker > Jordan and always had. Personally, I think Jordan has got some run by Nebraska fans because of the "local talent" bias.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

I have heard some people more recently rank it Jordan > Parker. This is actually surprising as Parker was initially considered the better prospect, has a higher ranking, and was offered much earlier by Nebraska. It is the latter point that makes me feel Nebraska has it Parker > Jordan and always had. Personally, I think Jordan has got some run by Nebraska fans because of the "local talent" bias.

Agree, I always thought Parker was option A and Jordan was B.

18 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

It seemed like the recent hype with Jordan was a little about him being so close and potentially being overlooked because of location. If the comp of Gregory is close I would be beyond pumped for Parker. Hope he's ours.

I don't want another Jean- Baptiste situation like last year......

16 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Agree, I always thought Parker was option A and Jordan was B.

Parker is a nice consolation prize, for sure, but I always found Jordan to be the better prospect. Would of been one of my favorite recruits in the class.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Parker is a nice consolation prize, for sure, but I always found Jordan to be the better prospect. Would of been one of my favorite recruits in the class.

I kind of wonder if Parker was option A, until they found Jordan.  Both are quality recruits, but I think Jordan had more upside!

Parker has to be really good athlete, besides being strong enough getting off blocks. He didn’t get 20 sacks for nothing. That is an amazing statistic. Thus, maybe he is more explosive than he appears on video. To get that many sacks and additional behind the line tackles, he has to be strong, quick and fast.