Things I was wrong about

Usually pretty spot on with my husker predictions- not so much this year

what I was wrong about:

didnt think ozigbo would ever see the field because he used to not be able to run zone worth a darn and too slow

didnt think Washington would ever make it to fall camp as eligible

Didn’t think we would have so many untimely penalties 

thought our special teams would be vastly improved/ they were bad early saw some good progress 

had as us on 6 wins

didnt think our guys would be able to compete against Ohio state 

love the direction and improvement-

hes definately got our team moving in right direction 

• Plus1 3

A lot of people were wrong about Ziggy.  I never thought he'd become the homerun threat we saw, but i always thought he was at minimum, our most reliable guy.

I was wrong about our record, too (thought we could hit 6 or 7).

I was wrong about thinking we had an embarrassment of riches at WR, when we just had the two we were already aware of. 

I WASN'T wrong about how atrocious our special teams would be (it was a major concern for me after seeing some of Frost's first season), however I think they will be vastly improved this year.

• Plus1 2

I was also wrong about wideout

i didn’t think Linsey was as advertised but thought he would contribute

he was a bust

also thought Riley would have stockpiled receivers for an offense that wanted to pass the vast majority of the time

of course that was wrong too

who would have guessed we had a great running back hidden in plain sight for 3 years

• Plus1 2

I figured we'd go 7-5. Which wouldn't have been so off if we get to work some kinks out against Akron and #44 doesn't assault AM after the play. If it weren't for those two bits of bad luck we probably go 3-0 in noncon play. 

Ya, I was shocked by how bad DeWitt's ST's were. They were hands-down the worst of my lifetime. Fortunately they were considerably improved by season's end but the return game still definitely needs work. Only big return came against a FCS team. Find alternatives for Spielman and Washington.  Neither is a difference-maker on them, not worth the risk. May well have beaten Iowa if Spielman doesn't get hurt on a return. 

Ya it was surprising that we just remained the Morgan and Spielman show. Thought somebody would step-up outside of blocking and Warner becoming a decent possession-wr option. Look forward to seeing what Wandale can do.