Nebrasketball Game #15 - @ Iowa: Sunday, January 6 - 4:30 (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Iowa single digit win
    • Iowa double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2019 at 01:12 AM

3 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

To be fair I have been a Miles defender and I'm not now a Miles hater.  I can however see the writing on the wall that he will most often coach Nebraska to win a few big games but lose to .500 teams.  He relies on transfers and juco kids and won't put a good "team" on the floor.

I will agree, jucos are 50/50. I don't mind transfers, if they commit for more than year.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Sort of...but it is way more likely to assume that Miles will have a team NOT make the dance.  

It really isn't "bipolar" to think they won't make the dance...especially since their lone conference win (I think) is at home vs one of the worst teams in the nation.

But I still think that if they win out at home, they are in.  That is all the need to do.

The quality wins that would come from that would be great.  But that is beating MSU, OSU, Wisky, Minny, Maryland and Iowa among the others.  All teams that can out muscle and out athlete NU.  And most those teams can do that without having to play a zone.

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Whoever gave the eyeroll to the post about poor effort, how do you think this is good effort?

Where is the team that was flying around the court a few weeks ago against Creighton?

It was NOT me - however it can be hard to play aggressive when the ref thinks any contact with an iwogeain is always a foul on NU. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We were out-rebounded by nearly 30%.  That seems to be a pretty good basis for no box out and no hustle.  And we continued to jack threes against their zone despite shooting 17%.  That would seem to be a pretty good basis for we had no idea how to attack the zone.

Those comment seem pretty well-founded by watching the game.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they have no base.

Please read the whole original post

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

In what 5 years now. He’s not recruited a decent big 6’9” or bigger with mass or a 3pt shooter. It’s just slashers and guys the play one on one ball.  Webster supposed to be a PG but I find him standing in the corner half the time.  Talent can only wn so many games. 

I agree about the big man, but going into tonight we lead the big 10 in 3 pt shooting .  With no size we are easier to defend.

We have 3 games left vs what are "bad" teams. We have 10 games vs teams that are good to very good or even great. If we win the 3 easy ones but go 4-6 (that might be a stretch) in the other 10 we end up with an 18-10 record plus whatever we do in the BIG tourney. If we are a 7 or 8 seed we might get one easy game but eventually draw a great team. 19-11 won't get  us in unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

We have 3 games left vs what are "bad" teams. We have 10 games vs teams that are good to very good or even great. If we win the 3 easy ones but go 4-6 (that might be a stretch) in the other 10 we end up with an 18-10 record plus whatever we do in the BIG tourney. If we are a 7 or 8 seed we might get one easy game but eventually draw a great team. 19-11 won't get  us in unfortunately. 

Take care of home and sneak a couple of away games.  Never give up.