***Official 2019 College Football Thread***

Mavric

4 hours ago, default_28 said:

NDSU wins another title. As a fan of FCS football I wonder, can the NCAA force a school to move up a level? I’m sure not, but it’d be nice if they did.

Why? So they can be just another mid major that has no real shot at winning a nc? I like the FCS, D2, and D3 models and I don't fault any school that wants to stay in one of those divisions. 

9 hours ago, jaws said:

Why? So they can be just another mid major that has no real shot at winning a nc? I like the FCS, D2, and D3 models and I don't fault any school that wants to stay in one of those divisions. 

Why? Because the product has become predictable and somewhat boring. It’s not NDSU’s fault. They’ve figured out a system that is miles

ahead of anyone else. That’s why I didn’t say they should move up, I said they should be forced to move up. Which was said tongue in cheek but also is how I feel about competitive imbalance. 

4 hours ago, default_28 said:

Why? Because the product has become predictable and somewhat boring. It’s not NDSU’s fault. They’ve figured out a system that is miles

ahead of anyone else. That’s why I didn’t say they should move up, I said they should be forced to move up. Which was said tongue in cheek but also is how I feel about competitive imbalance. 

Aren't all the divisions top heavy?  Maybe the NCAA should force some schools to move down. I don't understand why any school outside of the P5, and maybe a few non power 5 teams, would even want to be in the FBS. 

6 hours ago, jaws said:

Aren't all the divisions top heavy?  Maybe the NCAA should force some schools to move down. I don't understand why any school outside of the P5, and maybe a few non power 5 teams, would even want to be in the FBS. 

Sure, but 8 titles in 9 years top heavy? Maybe division three with Mt Union was that dominated years back. I’d have to research it. I completely agree that there should be a level between the top of the FBS and the bottom of the FCS about 80 teams at each level. Maybe someday that’ll happen.

1 hour ago, default_28 said:

Sure, but 8 titles in 9 years top heavy? Maybe division three with Mt Union was that dominated years back. I’d have to research it. I completely agree that there should be a level between the top of the FBS and the bottom of the FCS about 80 teams at each level. Maybe someday that’ll happen.

Mount has played in 21 NC games since 1993 and has won 13. I think it best to let the schools decide which level they want to participate in and the amount they spend on their athletics programs. The schools should be able to pick the athletic model they want participate in. I respect anyone that can win a 24 ream playoff that many times. This isn't the FBS where it is a crappy 4 team playoff.