***Official 2019 College Football Thread***

Mavric

20 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

We will see how Hurts does against better defenses this year (doubt he'll face an elite one until the playoff), but Lincoln Riley deserves a TON of credit as a QB guru. I thought Hurts struggled throughout his entire career throwing the ball at Bama, and he was just lights out vs Houston.

Struggled?  Hmm.  He was a Manning award finalist, SEC offensive player of the year as a freshman and as a starter he went 26-2.  9 picks his freshman year but only 1 the next season.  He also didn't leave Bama in '18 when he was benched for Tua.  I'd take a qb like that and with those numbers in a heart beat.  He was too good to ride the bench behind Tua that's for sure.

• Plus1 1
Just now, suh_fan93 said:

Struggled?  Hmm.  He was a Manning award finalist, SEC offensive player of the year as a freshman and as a starter he went 26-2.  9 picks his freshman year but only 1 the next season.  He also didn't leave Bama when he was benched for Tua.  I'd take a qb like that and with those numbers in a heart beat.

I don't disagree that he's a quality QB, but there's a reason he lost his job to Tua in the first place - because he was ineffective as a passer and limited the Bama offense's production against better defenses. Awards many times are given to players on the best teams, not necessarily the best players in the country - as was the case with Jalen.

4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I don't disagree that he's a quality QB, but there's a reason he lost his job to Tua in the first place - because he was ineffective as a passer and limited the Bama offense's production against better defenses. Awards many times are given to players on the best teams, not necessarily the best players in the country - as was the case with Jalen.

Wow.  Basically giving him zero credit.  I mean he just broke Baker Mayfield's single game passing record at Oklahoma.  O.k...

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Wow.  Basically giving him zero credit.  I mean he just broke Baker Mayfield's single game passing record at Oklahoma.  O.k.

:dunno Just giving my assessment of him as a QB. I didn't say he was garbage - just that he's not a top QB in the nation as being nominated for those awards would suggest... You're obviously welcome to disagree

On 9/4/2019 at 8:14 AM, killer cacti said:

I’ve never once called them coots. I think that’s dumb and immature...and that’s saying a lot when their mascot is the “c$%ks.” Yes, they got 5 on us...but Clemson leads the alltime series by 25. I think I’m safe to say they’ll never catch up in my lifetime.

Yeah, you seem too literate to post on Tigernet!